PDA

View Full Version : Halo SMM Mod By Me and Maxime

Jpdeathblade
April 14th, 2006, 03:21
Well I said that I was going to make all the monsters from halo playable. I started with the grunt as he is my fav (i dont know why). On this Sprite Sheet (SS for short) I also put a little mini flood for the monster.

This took alot of time and it probly needs more work but here it is. If anyone makes the grunt a different color (like change the brown back to red, blue etc.) plz post here as others may want it (i myself have a custom white grunt, again my fav). I will try making some more later (also from this you can edit the grunt into a monster so 2 for the price of 1)

-------------------------------------------
EDIT
-------------------------------------------
I have taken MC and the Grunt and made them different colors (15 each). There is now 30 playable characters , you can pick whatever is your favorite. I am also going to do this to the elites. The brute, hunters, and jackles are only one color...

I also have 343 GS as a block (might make playable idk). Also same with Cortana, Captin Keys, and the Marines (including Johnson). The Profits may be playable but I need to talk with Maxime before any of this is Final. I have also made 4 backgrounds all from the game resized to 480x272. There is also 1 lvl that I made that is 60x32 (big lvl very hard).

Anyway here are the 30 characters (if you use plz give credit, I did all these recolors by hand and it took a long time.)
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5151/smhcharacters2vc.png

wraggster
April 14th, 2006, 11:43
These Mario Mini Mods really are popular

flamingwolf
April 14th, 2006, 16:36
wow, cant wait to see how it turns out, this could be kind of like falo :P

Jpdeathblade
April 15th, 2006, 06:02
Whats New:

Changed Mario to Halo and Coins to Ammo
Added Icon0 to Eboot
Added Twisted Metal AT3 to Eboot
Super Mini Halo folders and files renamed to smh so you can have this with no conflict from other games :)

Made Elite (still making 15 colors, last of the people with more then 1 color)
Changed exit to Cortana
Added 343 GS as a block (never used in the levels unless needed)

Bonus lvl every 4 levels (so 5,10,15,20, etc are bonus lvls that are the size of the psp screen)
Edited some of my current levels to fix bugs, glitches, etc
I now have 4 Backgrounds, w8ing on SMM4 for the BG Changer
Also hope that SMM4 has a SS changer (so you can changer player durring a certin level, more monsters to fight, different blocks so not so repeditive)

To work on:
Playable Cortana
Jackal
Brute
Hunter
Profits (bosses if SMM4 has SS Changer)
Flood

Planning 16 levels for V1 Release...

-{PhoeniX}-
April 15th, 2006, 17:05
looks like its going be good, i already have the 'Sonic' SMM Mod that you made, and thats great

Jpdeathblade
April 15th, 2006, 17:15
I didn't make the sonic one :( I joioned the scene after that. I started a Halo one and Maxime made a master cheif first. I just credit him or else it looks like I stole his idea. So far I have done 99% of the work. all the recolors, custom sprites, editing of the EBOOT, etc.
The last 1% is my brother who helped recolor.

I do wish that Maxime or someone will help me convert songs to MOD and AT3.
For now i got the elite done I am going to make some levels. I actualy spend alot of time on the leves making sure that you can get on every block, put monsters in just the right place, make sure that braking a block is only helping you, and make sure the background objects look real!

After I get 16 levels and 1 more monster (may be the jackal, tho it looks funny) I will put out SMH V1.
Again its got its own name so you can keep this along with the sonic and the origanal

-{PhoeniX}-
April 15th, 2006, 17:24
oh ok, well i guessing Halo SMM Mod should be twice as better :) looking forward to it

Jpdeathblade
April 15th, 2006, 18:13
:) Putting a little too much faith in me.
The game itself plays great! I cant put it down when I start. I myself, if you cant tell, play as the white grunt. My monsters for the testing of the game are hte flood larva, master cheif, the mold recolored light blue, and this purple thing I found in another game. I am going to change my test bed SS to

White MC

Monsters:
Yellow grunt
Blue Eilte
A jackal (if i get it to look right)
and I might make the last one a brute...

That is the final lineup for the V1 release. The exits are now cortana.
Ill try and keep you guys uptodate with the information that I have. Tho there is still alot of info that I am keeping to myself...

-{PhoeniX}-
April 16th, 2006, 23:48
ok, great, good luck with the jackal and the 'brute' monster, sounds like game will be fun. just take your time and im sure you will make these monsters great looking.

Jpdeathblade
April 17th, 2006, 05:17
the elite is almost done...been busy with the whole easter thing. I have 5 levels that I made (some are way to hard for being this early so I need some more easyer levels)

I made a bonus level but if you fill every square in the level it lags alot so I have to cut that lvl up. I also hope that SMM V4 comes out so i can change the BG and the SS but till then we will only do one.

I also studied the monsters in the game and the mushroom things tend to jump more oftin while the bombs move faster.

Another thing that I am looking for is someone who can take an mp3 and turn it into a MOD file. And maybe a AT3 for the EBOOT.

Also for tho's who have not been to PSPSMM.com they are starting a Mag that I hope to help in. We will preveiw, review, and cover all the SMM versions and mods. I hope to get SMH in the first of second issue they put out (i will not review tho. To keep things fair) so this gives me almost 1.5 months to put out version 1 of SMH. This goal seems long but with all the work I put into it so far I say it will be done the very last second :)

I am going to get a team together to help with this long ongoing task (so I am not the only one).
I need:
Map Makers (shooting for 2)
Pixel Artist (its the jackals fault)
Converter (for the MOD and AT3)
Sounds (for jumping paused break etc)

And if someone can fulfill any spot that i missed that is importiant for the project.
All will be credited for there help.
Thanks.