PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy Coming to PSP

wraggster
April 14th, 2006, 10:56
News from 1UP (http://psp.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3149613&did=18)

As giant fans of the Family Guy television series, the developers at 2K and High Voltage (known for such other titles as Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude and Hunter: The Reckoning) realize the incredibly tall order in trying to capture its spirit in a videogame. They, along with the help of Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, are ready to prove it can be done in a title that they describe as "interactive humor" -- a game where you actually play out the comedy. It'll be unique and ambitious, no doubt (we'd expect nothing else), and today we've got your very first look.
In the game, you take control of Peter, Stewie, and Brian, each with unique objectives. As Stewie, you match wits against your equally diabolical brother Bertram as you vie to take over the world. Peter's quest is to stop Mr. Belvedere (ha!) from also trying to take over the world. And as Brian, you're tasked with escaping a prison, so you too can (what else?) take over the world. As the game progresses and stories overlap, you switch from character to character.

According to the developers, the actual gameplay involves combat (you know Peter's going to end up fighting the giant chicken at some point), stealth (Brian sneaking out of prison, no doubt), and puzzle-solving gameplay (one can only wonder). Interestingly, you'll also be able to play out the random, non-sequitur sequences that have become so common in the show.

The Family Guy game is slated to hit stores later this year, and you can be assured we'll be back with lots more details and impressions in the coming weeks and months.

Stewie2280
April 14th, 2006, 11:23
freakin sweet

Stew2000
April 14th, 2006, 13:36
freakin sweet

My words exactly :D

ArugulaZ
April 15th, 2006, 10:15
So, are the manatees going to make this, too?

JR

Hungry Horace
April 15th, 2006, 13:54
should be pretty easy to make interactive family Guy jokes... after all the series is writen by manatees.

--edit--

balls. beaten to it :p

SSaxdude
April 15th, 2006, 20:57
So, are the manatees going to make this, too?

JR

I guess I'm not the only South Park fan here, but I still like Family Guy also.
Even if it is written by manatees who use idea balls to write the script.

killurparents
April 16th, 2006, 05:39
Remember that time when Family Guy Season 1 DVD came out???? That was so fun.