PDA

View Full Version : sd explorer

katachristic
July 14th, 2009, 21:28
need help w/ sd explorer
app shows up on hbc but when i try to run it i get a black screen.
screen stays black until wii is unplugged.

VampDude
July 15th, 2009, 15:29
What colour does the screen go when the Wii is unplugged?

Nah, all jokes aside... The answer is obviously black.

Can't you just explore your SD card using a PC?

katachristic
July 15th, 2009, 20:03
i could but b/c i am trying to install dvdx and get my wii64 to work
im constantly going back and forth between wii and pc for little things like changing the spelling, capitalization, and spacing of folder names.
it also doesnt help that i have only one usb port in easy reach.
so every time i want to explore the sd i have unplug my internet
the sd explorer app would purely be a timesaver

katachristic
July 16th, 2009, 17:25
more irony though...
when the wii is unplugged the screen goes...

BLUE!

VampDude
July 16th, 2009, 18:52
i could but b/c i am trying to install dvdx and get my wii64 to work
im constantly going back and forth between wii and pc for little things like changing the spelling, capitalization, and spacing of folder names.
it also doesnt help that i have only one usb port in easy reach.
so every time i want to explore the sd i have unplug my internet
the sd explorer app would purely be a timesaver

For the quickest, easiest solution... Download the file below, it's got basically everything I think you need.

more irony though...
when the wii is unplugged the screen goes...

BLUE!

Cool, you have one of those TV's. All the TV's in my house go black in the AV channel (which is unrelated to this topic).

- - -

Anyway, I'm hoping this helps you. :cool:

Run Any Title Deleter (included) and delete your current DVDx installation before reinstalling (also included).

katachristic
July 18th, 2009, 03:24
somethings wrong with your file there
i think the archive is damaged
i downloaded it, unpacked it and i got two errors.
so i close it and check in the folder,
and it looks like this
SD VampDude-katachristic-> apps-> Any Region Changer (which was empty)
now i cant delete it b/c it says that it is being used.

just F*** it, man i dont need the sd explorer this badly, nor the dvdx

if i were to rip a movie, Dark Knight for example, how much memory should it occupy approximately?
i just finished cleaning up my computer and i now have ~10GB to work with.
i know movie takes a lot of space, so, short of instaling a new/another drive, how can i up my storage?

katachristic
July 18th, 2009, 03:27
sorry, stupid moment. no need to answer those.
ill rip the movie now
then ill go buy more sd cards
if u have any alternate storage solutions i would like to hear them though.

katachristic
July 18th, 2009, 03:44
unfortunate it seems that my computer has NO dvd support whatsoever!
i put 3 discs in and it didnt even acknowledge their presence
is this like the emulator roms where if i physically own something i can download it?
legally that is

BlueCrab
July 18th, 2009, 04:20
unfortunate it seems that my computer has NO dvd support whatsoever!
i put 3 discs in and it didnt even acknowledge their presence
is this like the emulator roms where if i physically own something i can download it?
legally that is

Actually, you legally cannot download roms from the Internet, whether you own the original game or not. The only legal way to obtain a rom is to dump it from your own copy of the game, and only if it doesn't involve breaking copy protection (at least in the US, although some exceptions have been made for allowing the breaking of copy protection on older stuff that is no longer produced, this doesn't allow you to download it from the Internet legally, however).

In the US anyway, it is illegal to rip a DVD (at least pretty much any commercial DVD), since doing so would require the breaking of the copy protection on the disc (even if the copy protection is inherently flawed, much like the Content Scramble System used on DVDs), which is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

VampDude
July 18th, 2009, 16:06
somethings wrong with your file there
i think the archive is damaged
i downloaded it, unpacked it and i got two errors.
so i close it and check in the folder,
and it looks like this
SD VampDude-katachristic-> apps-> Any Region Changer (which was empty)
now i cant delete it b/c it says that it is being used.

No errors for me, I just unpacked and uploaded it to a different SD. Except Any Region Changer has taken the image from AnyTitle Deleter, no biggie though since you only want to watch a movie.

if i were to rip a movie, Dark Knight for example, how much memory should it occupy approximately?
i just finished cleaning up my computer and i now have ~10GB to work with.
i know movie takes a lot of space, so, short of instaling a new/another drive, how can i up my storage?

Anything I have personally ripped, has about 15MB per one minute of video. So reading the information on the Dark Knight DVD, it's 145 minutes. So I would say just over 2GB.

In the US anyway, it is illegal to rip a DVD, since doing so would require the breaking of the copy protection on the disc (even if the copy protection is inherently flawed, much like the Content Scramble System used on DVDs), which is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Apparently it's illegal in the United Kingdom for anyone to copy their own purchased media, including creating MP3's from a CD.

Though in countries such as Spain, people are allowed to make copies of copyrighted material for themselves and others... Even if the source is illegal (copy of a copy?), though only prohibited if done for profit.

katachristic
July 18th, 2009, 20:56
i honestly couldnt care less about legal at this point.
im just flat out pissed
i care about moral
i dont feel like im stealing if i were to download some roms or movies that i already paid good money for
i dont give damn about the system and if they say im wrong they can shove it up their a**

and, how the f*** am i supposed to take something on NES and put it on my computer?
what cable does that!?

katachristic
July 18th, 2009, 21:00
sorry about the profanity.
anyways about my computer not recognizing the dvds.
is this a hardware or software thing?

also when did megaman 9 come out?
i hadnt even heard of it.
is it as good as the megaman X series?

VampDude
July 18th, 2009, 22:58
how the f*** am i supposed to take something on NES and put it on my computer?
what cable does that!?

I have a V64, which my N64 titles are sent to my PC via a (25 pin) parallel cable.

The NES and SNES were much easier to backup, because in the days of smaller cartridges a single floppy would do the job of backing up a game or two.

sorry about the profanity.
anyways about my computer not recognizing the dvds.
is this a hardware or software thing?

Both, it could be that you don't have a DVD drive (hardware)... Or the firmware that supports it (software).

also when did megaman 9 come out?
i hadnt even heard of it.
is it as good as the megaman X series?

MegaMan9 came out in September '08 on the Virtual Console, priced at 1,000 points. The X series follows MegaMan9, which is strange in it's own timeline... X being 10, then there being more prequels (7-9). As a game, MegaMan9 can be disappointing, which for some reason it often feels recycled.

grace12
November 27th, 2009, 03:40
The Tudors DVD (http://www.dvdcollects.com/products/The-Tudors-Seasons-1-3-DVD-Boxset-DVDS-1708.html)
CSI:NY DVD (http://www.dvdcollects.com/products/CSINY-Seasons-1-5-DVD-Boxset-DVDS-1738.html)
Las Vegas DVD (http://www.dvdcollects.com/products/Las-Vegas-Seasons-1-5-DVD-Boxset-DVDS-1611.html)

katachristic
November 27th, 2009, 07:52
The Tudors DVD (http://www.dvdcollects.com/products/The-Tudors-Seasons-1-3-DVD-Boxset-DVDS-1708.html)
CSI:NY DVD (http://www.dvdcollects.com/products/CSINY-Seasons-1-5-DVD-Boxset-DVDS-1738.html)
Las Vegas DVD (http://www.dvdcollects.com/products/Las-Vegas-Seasons-1-5-DVD-Boxset-DVDS-1611.html)

umm...dude? you lost?....
i lose my computer and a few months later when i have access, i think somebody replies to a 3m old post. wtf man. i dont even know where this would go...