PDA

View Full Version : DS powers off when selecting game/pictochat/download play

bentrinh
July 15th, 2009, 02:38
Ok, before we start, I admit I did something stupid. I spilled water near my DS while it was closed. Against all my intelligence, I saw that there was no water near any openings, so, in my Chrono Trigger addiction, I decided to play on.

Before that incident, however, the DS seemed to be freezing at random points. I thought it was just the file on my Supercard was just corrupted, so I went on. The night of the water spill the DS turned off itself off on me. There was no low power warning, it just turned off. Then I notice that I would turn off everytime I talk to a specific character in Chrono Trigger. Then the Apollo Justice file wouldn't load. I updated the supercard's file to SP8 and the ndsrominfo.dat thinking it got corrupted. Then it got even worse. Now I can turn the DS on and leave it on, but as soon as I try to open pictochat, download play, or boot from the supercard, it just turns off. Everything is fine if I have the AC adapter connected though.

Anyone have any suggestions? The battery seems fine, as it seems I have to trigger something to make it shut off. It stays powered on if I don't touch it.

btw, my warranty is out, but I'm pretty good with a soldering.

ChaoticanarchyX
July 21st, 2009, 21:07
sounds like the BIOS might have gotten corrupt somehow. Try finding someone with a broken DS that they no longer want and replace the whole board

bentrinh
July 25th, 2009, 07:42
Well I've found a temporary solution. Take out the battery, and put it back it. It causes the DS to reset, but at least it works again :/