PDA

View Full Version : Audio Files

Gunghir
July 15th, 2009, 03:35
Howdy, I have used these forums for quite some time to find answers to my questions without ever having to actually post a question! (In other words you guys have fixed a lot of issues!)

But alas I have a question that I couldn't seem to find and it's sort of a curiosity more than anything.

What type of audio files are supported by the Dreamcast? Take for example you have a CD-R with music files on it (meaning, it's not an actual store bought music cd from a band). I tried using WMA and MP3 files (If I'm not mistaken I need some kind of software for mp3 files?)

Long story short what type of audio files are directly supported by the Dreamcast?

OneThirty8
July 17th, 2009, 04:23
Howdy, I have used these forums for quite some time to find answers to my questions without ever having to actually post a question! (In other words you guys have fixed a lot of issues!)

But alas I have a question that I couldn't seem to find and it's sort of a curiosity more than anything.

What type of audio files are supported by the Dreamcast? Take for example you have a CD-R with music files on it (meaning, it's not an actual store bought music cd from a band). I tried using WMA and MP3 files (If I'm not mistaken I need some kind of software for mp3 files?)

Long story short what type of audio files are directly supported by the Dreamcast?

The Dreamcast itself directly supports CDDA (that is, vanilla music cds). You can download a variety of software that will allow it to play formats such as MP3 or Ogg Vorbis. DCPlaya has a plugin for ffmpeg, so it should support any format that was supported in ffmpeg as of the time that plugin was made.

Gunghir
July 17th, 2009, 06:06
Ah, thank you very much. Good info!