PDA

View Full Version : New PSP Firmware and Time Scale

wraggster
April 15th, 2006, 20:32
Heres an image floating around that shows the projected release dates of new firmware and add ons:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/ps_screen007.jpg

By the look of it September and October should be very interesting :)

Comments, Thoughts ?

oli_j
April 15th, 2006, 21:36
obviously another fake, thats easy to make in photoshop

YourStillWithMe
April 15th, 2006, 21:39
I dont care whether its real or not I'm just never upgrading my 1.50 Theyd have to literally offer me the same stuff as 1.50 offers, literally. A camera, are you serious? Sure its cool, but if I want a camera, i'll BUY A CAMERA. You can't exactly buy snes, nes, sega and Doom portable. (quick few examples)

(Yes i know you can get a few games but not that great of a deal.

pepegomez
April 15th, 2006, 21:45
its intressting to know where that picture came from?

vettacossx
April 15th, 2006, 22:55
i can play all of the emulators and hb i want at full speed with 2.6 maybe you need too do some homework..fanjita has worked very hard too get alll theese running....dont even dare comment without reading this compatability list!!!
see.....all the emulators
nes snes dgen rin gb/gbc gba 1025 atari they all work in my 2.6
attack of the mutants, beats of rage, mini mario,any lua whatso ever will work!
and i can play daxter, syphon filter, and dbz all require 2.6

there was a time...(at first) when id say the same thing as yourstillwithme
but tou know what.....the only thing i cant do that 1.5 does is pirate illegal copys of a umd......im ok with that...if you like a game enough too steal it.....then buy it.....dont you want there too be a sequall

vettacossx
April 15th, 2006, 22:57
http://www.fanjita.org/content/psp_working.html all these eboots work!!! <------------on 2.6

pepegomez
April 16th, 2006, 00:06
we dont need to discuss of using isos is illegal or not. reason doesnt belong to anyone here but there are much more things u can do with a 1.5 but using isos. for example using really nice ports of games and some amazing homebrews....
i still dunno where they have this "briefing from" why would anyone of sony throw that in agrbage. thats like saying ut my password o.ô

SoQb0nc5r
April 16th, 2006, 00:06
these are real images from sony!! ign posted them along with other sites.

yep, cant wait for the rss video thingy :)

kyle2194
April 16th, 2006, 00:11
Yes, i understand what you mean vettacossx, but i think YourStillWithMe meant you might not be able to play homebrew on future firmware versions.

Junior
April 16th, 2006, 00:15
So ... where is the psONE Emulator on their timeline?

nexus68
April 16th, 2006, 01:33
i can play all of the emulators and
and i can play daxter, syphon filter, and dbz all require 2.6 sequall

daxter, syphon filter work on 1.5 also.
and yes where is the psONE Emulator.

gotmilk0112
April 16th, 2006, 01:46
lol it says macromedia flash under "SPRING 06" but its spring and its not here yet.
FAKE!! :p

YourStillWithMe
April 16th, 2006, 02:56
Spring goes past April 14th, not to sound mean gotmilk0112 . . . .

and vettacossx what i meant was is that nothing will ever mount up to the smoothness of 1.50 I have tried all the firmwares and played audio, video, etc on all except for 1.00 and ran homebrew from the 2.50 and 2.00 firmwares and they suck. However, I do admit that I can NOT do better myself. I have been on the bandwagon of the psp scene since the memory card swap method that required 2 memory sticks way back in the beginning of the scene, I have seen many apps, quarrels and problems within the scene and know what I am talking about. I also know how to create my own eboots and how to hack the Gamecube, Xbox 360, Xbox, and Gameboy Advance. (not sound conceited or anything)
Please, just consider both sides of a situation before you jump the gun on someone, it's inconsiderate man.

Timale-Kun
April 16th, 2006, 08:13
So ... where is the psONE Emulator on their timeline?

PSOne Emulator might be release with the Memory Stick Boot stuff (see the various pics of the business briefing)

lol it says macromedia flash under "SPRING 06" but its spring and its not here yet.
FAKE!! :p

Is spring finished?? In France it isn't yet lol

Tomppa
April 16th, 2006, 14:09
I'm sticking with 1.5 anyway, UNLESS the PsOne emulator thing works great AND there will be a way to boot homebrew on that new firmware... Really waiting to see PsOne on PSP ;)

acn010
April 16th, 2006, 16:22
ITS EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

muffinman
April 16th, 2006, 18:03
1.5 is forever. people will just keep bringing the new stuff to 1.5

YourStillWithMe
April 16th, 2006, 22:19
I agree with you muffinman. Look at the 1.50 everyone. 2.50 introduced the location freeplayer which is capable on the 1.50 right now along with the so-called "internet" that was so special about the 2.00 also, the background features are also there and in terms of HB one lousy psone emulator doesnt pump me up at all despite the fact i had fun with it, the nes, snes, etc. brought me a lot more joy. Plus umm paying for the game? F that dude

pkmaximum
April 16th, 2006, 22:51
your still with me I totall Agree and Also as you can see I have been with the PSP homebrew scene just as long as you and I know what you mean when you say 1.5 firmware is the way to go. Guys trust your still with me and I there is no better way than firmware 1.5. I even like firmware 1.5 better than I like firmware 1.0. Also shouldn't there be a way to make a 1.0 downgrader I mean it should be like as easy as making a 2.0 downgrader right. i would not imagine it being that hard but thats just me.

mog
April 17th, 2006, 02:25
Also shouldn't there be a way to make a 1.0 downgrader I mean it should be like as easy as making a 2.0 downgrader right.
LoL, that would be nice... the big difference is that 1.00 was not released as an update, whereas 1.50 was...
It wasn't hard to trick the psp into thinking it had 1.00 to trick the psp into letting you do an update to anything above 1.00... even a lower firmware than you actually have.

I'm glad ps1 emulator was not on the timeline, cos hopefully, if it really is being made, that it will be released a different way other than firmware update.
1.00 forever! :p

YourStillWithMe
April 17th, 2006, 06:51
1.00 is rare and indeed a gem my friend but umm Fastloader? Not being able to play US movie umd's? that stinks man

jason215
April 17th, 2006, 11:04
"<,>

mog
April 17th, 2006, 14:13
Yeah but things like fastloader, mph game loader, runumd, etc... should be able to run on 1.00.
I have been looking through source code of mph's loader to see why they don't work on my psp. I know what line the loader crashes on, just got to figure out what it should be changed to. :confused:

And not being able to play US movie umd's isnt much of a loss... I live in the UK so i can still watch the umds here and all the cool ones from japan! :p

mavsman4457
May 3rd, 2006, 01:14
not difficult to predict but so far it's been semi-accurate with the flash in the spring. anyone changing their opinion from that? i'm not.