PDA

View Full Version : PC Games to PSP

J-Thizzlle
July 15th, 2009, 23:54
ok so im kinda new to this...
i was wondering is ther anyway to convert PC games to the psp with firmware 5.00 m33-6 or any firmware at all:confused: , i got some pc games that were made origanlly for windows 95\98 and i would like to play them on my psp:cool:, games that dont really require that much memory or even space (im talking about like dating-sims):cool:

J-Thizzlle
July 16th, 2009, 01:10
ok i got some more info on it the games i speak of all the games pretty much ask for this requirements

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP/Me/98/2000
Mouse(or other pointing device)

Minimum Requirements Recommended Requirements
-------------------- ------------------------
CPU Pentium II/ 233MHz Pentium II/ 300MHz
Memory 32 MB or higher 64 MB or higher
Display 640 X 480 High Color 640 x 480 True Color(24-32 bit)
CD-ROM 8X or higher 12X or higher
Sound --- MIDI, DirectSound

Darksaviour69
July 16th, 2009, 01:44
The have to be ported over (and source code is needed for that). Its not as simple as just converting it with a program. Some of the pc games that have been ported: Wolfenstein3D, Doom, Quake, Star Control II, Rise Of The Triad, Duke Nukem 3D, Heretic etc

There are also clones , like pong, tetris or OpenTTD (Transport Tycoon Deluxe)

check out homebrew and ported games here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-homebrew-games.php)

Gamester
August 21st, 2009, 23:02
I have heard of a way to put Windows 95/98 on PSP using x86 emulators such as Bochs, but it doesn't sound easy and I don't know if it would be fast enough to run many games. It is supposedly possible though.

Eviltaco64
August 21st, 2009, 23:13
I have heard of a way to put Windows 95/98 on PSP using x86 emulators such as Bochs, but it doesn't sound easy and I don't know if it would be fast enough to run many games. It is supposedly possible though.

It's possible to run 95/98 on Bochs, but it's incredibly slow and, for the most part, pointless (at the most, you could run minesweeper or solitare).

Also, don't bump old threads. Locked.