PDA

View Full Version : Locura™ Personal Media Server for PSP Coming Soon

wraggster
April 16th, 2006, 10:14
Heres the info from the Official Site (http://psp.villainousmind.com/products/detail.aspx?id=17290624)

<blockquote>What is the Locura™ Personal Media Server?

Have you ever wished you could access all of your PSP™ media files without having to physically connect the PSP™ to your computer? Have you ever wanted to access your music from a hotspot or show off some photos on your home PC while at a friend's house? We have great news for you!

The Locura™ Personal Media Server gives you wireless access to your media:

Browse your entire video collection! Download your videos wirelessly with a simple click. 1
View your audio folders and create auto-updating streaming music feeds on the fly.
Browse your dynamically resized pictures from your favorite hotspot or anywhere you can connect to the internet. 2
Access all your media from a standard browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer® or Firefox® (no PSP™ required!)
Change the look of your media pages with built-in themes or create your own! (For more information, see the FAQ).
If you have a background in HTML and Visual Basic, you can make more advanced page changes. (More info in the FAQ).

And since the Locura™ Personal Media Server is simply a personal web server with PSP™ extensions, no homebrew is required! You can use the Locura™ Personal Media Server on any firmware version since 2.0. 3 In fact, because this is simply a web server, you can view your files on any compatible browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer® or Firefox®. </blockquote>

Discuss Via Comments

pspfan
April 16th, 2006, 22:55
Ummm, when I was on 2.0, I did this myself. Just uploaded all my shorts to my website, and downloaded them when I wanted to watch them...Not very hard at all. If they even think about charging for this, then I think anyone stupid enough to buy it deserves to lose the money, and a lot more money, too.

If they were offering a way to fix the MPH Firmware Launcher Browser bug that doesn't let you download files, then that would be a different story...The URL2PSP app is pretty buggy and it'd be much easier if the browser downloads worked. I guess us 1.5ers just have to settle for URL2PSP...