PDA

View Full Version : PSP Corrupt Data Remover

wraggster
April 16th, 2006, 10:15
InnerFire Project (http://www.inner-fire.net/Project.aspx?type=apps&id=1) have released a Corrupt Data Remover for the PSP, heres the details off the website:

PSP Corrupt Data Remover
Removes Corrupt Data Icons on the 1.5 Firmware for Sony PSP.
Current Verison: 1.0.0.0
Finally something that can get rid of the Corrupt Data on your PSP!
Readme / Howto included with main interface, so you never lose it ^^
Requires .NET Framework V2

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

shiftybill
April 16th, 2006, 12:36
very nice

it wouldnt hide nester tho

1 corrupt is better than like 12 or 13

PSProdigy
April 16th, 2006, 12:36
Finally? havn't things like this been out for quite a while? I wouldn't know as well as someone on 1.5, but still...

StealthCP
April 16th, 2006, 13:01
If it changes the folder names, what if some applications require a set folder name? Or does this detect this automatically (I have a feeling it would be hard to detect if an elf normally in the FOTO folder tries to access external data files in the FOTO folder)

pkmaximum
April 16th, 2006, 15:41
I don't things like this before and I became unplayble on me after the corrupted datas were hidden. Please someone report back on how well this works.

LAMPRO
April 16th, 2006, 15:52
Ive been using the PSickoPortable App.. does everything great still.. but for sorting icons Ive been using the PSort App- perfect. All the brew runs fine.. I suggest both of these to those who need icon hiding and sorting. Good Luck!! OH and thats on 1.5. yesss.

pkmaximum
April 16th, 2006, 16:18
I just used it now I have to reinstall everything on my PSP cause now it sais game can not be started im wicked pissed. Damit what a waste of time that was especially since I have like 30 apps on my PSP. This little 5 min. thing is going to waste 3 hours of my time now!

Squidman
April 16th, 2006, 17:13
The corrupt icons are gone, but the only games that it works with (of the ones that i have) is PSPNorris, and IR Shell v1.2

Raekwik11
April 16th, 2006, 18:39
i use seipsptool to hide all the corrupt icons and all my homebrew works 100% fine.

under_0ath777
April 16th, 2006, 21:30
just use the noexploit patch

pspfan
April 16th, 2006, 21:44
I just used it now I have to reinstall everything on my PSP cause now it sais game can not be started im wicked pissed. Damit what a waste of time that was especially since I have like 30 apps on my PSP. This little 5 min. thing is going to waste 3 hours of my time now!
Did you try manually renaming the folders back to normal before you just started deleting and reinstalling? That often fixes it for many homebrews.

Anyway, these are old, and give problems to some homebrew. What I do is just leave all the corrupted icons, and sort my homebrew with either PSickoPortable (the computer app) or Organiser (the lua app by modsyn for doing it on the PSP). Now I have all my homebrew sorted to my liking and all the corrupted icons move to the very bottom, so I never have to see them unless I'm at the very bottom of my homebrew list. Good solution, in my opinion because it keeps your homebrew unaffected, but still "hides" the corrupted data icons.

pkmaximum
April 16th, 2006, 22:45
Ya that is what I do to its just I really wish there was a way to make them go away for good.

pspfan
April 16th, 2006, 22:50
There's that NoKXploit Patch, that someone said they used on this thread. But it only works until you reboot your PSP. Then you have to start it again. I guess it's not that bad, but honestly, I'm fine with my solution...

By the way, did you really reinstall all your homebrew, or did you see my post and try renaming them?

pkmaximum
April 16th, 2006, 23:40
One problem with the NoKXploit patch though. You can't use run umd and stuff when you use that. And its pointless to mix match iso loaders with that no kxploit at the same time. So I personally find the NoKXploit patch useless. What we do need is a working 1.5 to 1.0 downgrader. That is one thing I would look foward to. Bringing your PSP back to its roots. That would be insane. :O

nazdrug
April 16th, 2006, 23:55
In my case, all corrupt data was gone, and all the homebrew apps remained playable.

If the homebrew app doesn't work, try renaming the folder with a different name length (ie. instead of 5, try 3 or 4.)

I really don't care if you guys think it's crap, I wrote this for me personally. I just thought it might have been useful to others, thats why I posted it.

gr42178
April 17th, 2006, 00:16
another solution would be to rename the folders manually like this

%__SCE__folder name and __SCE__folder name

I found this somewhere else on the forums just dont remember where...

nexus68
April 17th, 2006, 01:42

Yes and for that you can use the little application
"PSP Folder Renamer v1.0 " (http://mobiles.gx-mod.com/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=953)
Simplest and best solution.

.:PSP1.0:.
April 17th, 2006, 05:04
Guys how good is seipsptool to use to hide all the corrupt icons? Does it really work? I mean ive used these sort of progams before to hide all corrupt files and when i start "run umd" all i get is a message saying "game can not be started" :confused:

grin.ch
April 28th, 2006, 20:29
I never had any luck with "Ograniser" as they call it. Esp the PSP version. It's hard to deal with b/c you have to resort ALL of your homebrew every single time you want to use it. That's just a pain. You guys should try pBpMaker. Search it on google. The site I originally made my d/l from is off the net. pBpMaker is:

PBP Unpacker
PSP Organizer
KXploit
PSPBrew

and it has more options than that; I just can't remember. But with this, you can replace the ICON0 and PIC1 while the eboot is still intact. you don't have to unpack it like you do with PBPUnpacker.

btw, nice avatar, .:PSP1.0:.

flipp3
June 18th, 2006, 12:55
About this framework version u gotta have to install teh prog, where can u get it?

mr_nick666
June 19th, 2006, 09:21
In my case, all corrupt data was gone, and all the homebrew apps remained playable.

If the homebrew app doesn't work, try renaming the folder with a different name length (ie. instead of 5, try 3 or 4.)

I really don't care if you guys think it's crap, I wrote this for me personally. I just thought it might have been useful to others, thats why I posted it.

Dont take it personally :( You can please some of the people all of the time.. etc..! ;) For every person who its no use for there'll be another one who finds it a God send! :D

mr_nick666
June 19th, 2006, 09:23
Guys how good is seipsptool to use to hide all the corrupt icons? Does it really work? I mean ive used these sort of progams before to hide all corrupt files and when i start "run umd" all i get is a message saying "game can not be started" :confused:

seiPSP is really good except when the game requires a specific folder then it wont work! :o

ACID
June 19th, 2006, 09:37
very nice

it wouldnt hide nester tho

1 corrupt is better than like 12 or 13

Rename the folders like this NES & NES% then use the programe and it will hide the file

ACID
June 19th, 2006, 09:44
Im at work but in the morning i will post a tool i got cant remember from where and its for 1.50 users it will rename all your emulatorsand they will still work. I have like 30+ emulators and it worked great. Dont worry im not goign to take credit for something i didnt do. The other answer is get a 1.0PBP for the emu you like and it will hide the corrupt icon

ACID
June 19th, 2006, 15:29
Hi this is a great tool used for the PSP 1.50. Its used to rename your files. By doing so removing all corrupt data. I wish i could give credit to the person who made this but i got this like 6 months ago and had no atachment.
Its very simple to use just drop inside yourgame folder when you have ur usb connection click the mouse and it will rename all your files hidding corrupt data. Or just use from your computer the same way then transfer the files to the psp. To rearange your files in a specific order i recomend PSickoPortable v0.2b

cowbot
July 1st, 2006, 18:16
:D this app rules! thks m8

ryan921
July 2nd, 2006, 02:05
thank you lol finally got rid of the damm corrupt data icons!!

SINIStER
July 2nd, 2006, 17:11
It messes up my Neogeo beta4 says bios not found but they are there...o well,one out of 12 is great.Thanx man and to who ever created it! :)

drivershigh
July 2nd, 2006, 17:46
fixed up DevHook and SNES9x, thanks very much!

SnoopKatt
July 6th, 2006, 03:16

I did this, and it hid all of the corrupted data folders and all the games booted fine.

wakonda
July 15th, 2006, 22:39
very nice - that was indeed very anyoing

scottyboynow
July 23rd, 2006, 14:19
has any1 got it in .ZIP

LAMPRO
July 23rd, 2006, 19:34
goto winrar.com download the small file, its free!! and then you can associate all the ways a file is compressed to open!! its a new world for you wen u can unzip a rar or 7z lol.

ahenry92
April 23rd, 2008, 19:42
Yo, whoevers out there, can u like, help me, because
my PSP is saying Corrupted Data whenever i put something in it... whether it would be PSPTube or even a GBA emulator:mad: