PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo 64 on the DSi?

omgpwn
July 19th, 2009, 20:32
*Sorry if this is the wrong section!*
Nintendo 64 -
CPU: 64-bit R4300i RISC (93.75MHz) / 64-bit data paths, registers with 5-stage pipelining
Co-processor: 64-bit RISC (62.5MHz)
RAM: 4MB (36Mb) upgradeable
Graphics: Pixel Drawing Processor (RDP) built into co-processor
Colors: 16.7 million (32,000 on screen)
Polygons: 150,000 per second
Resolution: 640x480 pixels
Sound: 16 to 24-channel 16-bit stereo (up to 100 PCM channels possible)

Nintendo DSi -
CPU: The DSi has two ARM architecture CPUs; ARM9 and ARM7.The main CPU is clocked at 133 MHz.
RAM: 16 MB of RAM (four times as much as previous models)
Storage: 256 MB of internal flash memory with an SD card (up to 2 GB) and SDHC card (up to 32 GB) expansion slot
Wireless: 802.11b/g internal wireless connectivity

I'm not sure,but it seems that the DSi is more powerful.. Do you think that it would be possible for Nintendo to port Nintendo 64 games to the DSi? Like they did with Mario 64 DS,that game had better graphics then the original,because I really want a Ocarina of Time port!

(I'm not talking about emulating,also there is a lot more specs on the N64,such as colors and polygons,im sure they can port anything,even to the original DS,I say that because N64 is more powerful then the Nintendo DS and they got Mario on there,but I mean like virtual console!)

Eviltaco64
July 20th, 2009, 01:38
The DS is definitely capable of N64 ports. Super Mario 64 DS (a launch title) and Diddy Kong Racing DS come to mind.

I don't know why they haven't ported Ocarina of Time yet, but I'm pretty sure it's due to the fact that they'd have to rework the control scheme a lot since the DS just doesn't have all the buttons of the N64. This would probably make way for a less enjoyable experience.