PDA

View Full Version : My website

benh
April 17th, 2006, 22:23
I'd just like to say that I have a psp news website and any one is welcome to veiw it if they want.
the address is www.pspfanatic.bravehost.com

thanks

benh
April 17th, 2006, 22:24
let me know what you think and how i could i improve it plz

yaustar
April 17th, 2006, 22:31
Dates on news items would be useful. You also may want to consider using the LiveJournal/Blog as your fronted/main page for news since it (should) do all the archiving sorting etc for you.

benh
April 17th, 2006, 22:32
thanks for the advice

benh
April 26th, 2006, 18:40
any more advice

lungjeung
April 26th, 2006, 19:25
can you help me with a problem with my psp

benh
April 26th, 2006, 19:48
what problems that

yaustar
April 28th, 2006, 00:20
Also, having that many images on the first page is not very bandwidth friendly especially for 56ks. Minise it to several posts per page and thumbnails if possible. A back to top link would be useful at the bottom of each page would help naviagtion as your mneu is at the top.

I xfire I
April 29th, 2006, 09:02
56ks are dead, why worry about them

b8a
April 29th, 2006, 10:23
56ks are dead, why worry about themReally? Wow, I'd love to hear what your background is, because the only people I know who can afford anything better than 56k are students who get high speed for free through school.

Besides, the first rule of thumb of web design is to design for the lowest common denominator of your audience. Building heavy sites is fine, just as long as you're expecting a high majority of high speed users. Even if you aren't worried about 56k users, a growing number of handheld devices (ie cell phones) are getting increasingly decent web browsing capabilities, and in many cases, they can't rely on a high speed connection. I doubt that these are points that Benh really needs to be too concerned about for his particular site, but in general, the "build for as low of a speed as possible" rule is a good rule to keep in mind in web design. The world is still going through an "IT revolution", if you will, and it will be at least a decade or more before technologies become standardized enough to say that you're safe to build heavy web sites.

John Vattic
April 29th, 2006, 23:59
Hey i'm 56k. quit hatin' on poor folks. :p

benh
April 30th, 2006, 20:13
i'm 56k user as well plus when i open up the home pagew it loads fine for me but hopefully i'm getting broadband in a couple of months

yaustar
May 1st, 2006, 01:36
You might have images cached in your temp files. Acoording to the analyzer I use, it takes 3 minutes to load that page on a 56.6k.