PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Slot-1 nds

rambai
July 20th, 2009, 14:19
Hi I hope someone can help me here, I apologise if I am after posting in the wrong section.

My daughters NDS will not read any cards any more not original cards or flash cards, so I purchased a replacement slot-1 card, no bother il open it up and pop in the new one I thought, well life is never that easy. I looked on YouTube to see if anyone had posted how to replace the slot-1 on nds but to no avail. The soldering is grand but don’t want to end up wreaking her ds

Any help or links would be appreciated

Rambai

ChaoticanarchyX
July 21st, 2009, 20:01
The only thing I could say is; Be careful, be slow and work at a good slow and steady pace. I've replaced a few DS lite switches and the solidering points are tiny and a pain in the ass. If you do decide to take a crack at it pre-tin all the connection points on the new slot 1. One thing is sticking to my mind though, for some reason I dont want to believe that its the slot one itself and may be something after that might have burned out or static shocked it. but unfortunatly the only real way to find out other then sending it to Big N to replace it is to do it yourself and see if it boots up games afterwards. If it doesnt solve the problem then look into ( I really hate to plug them in) Datels max media dock and launcher and max overload......