PDA

View Full Version : Old point&click adventure games.

saarshai
April 18th, 2006, 07:32
I wish to play old point and click adventure games such as sierra's quests, toonstruck...

I know there's scummVM emulator for the PSP, but it doesn't cover sierra's quest or others. I also know there's dosbox, but I'm not sure about it (I tried using it on my PC to load old quests and it didn't work)...

Is there an emulator for these kind of games? Will they run on old windows versions (and it there an emulator for that)? What are my options?

Thanks.

Darksaviour69
April 18th, 2006, 13:04
what you want is the FreeSci Interpreter (basicly the same as an emulator), it is opensource and could be ported to the psp if it is not already (its been ported to the dreamcast)

http://freesci.linuxgames.com

crossfadeking
April 18th, 2006, 13:19
now im not a programmer but what would be involved in porting this to the psp v2.6????

saarshai
April 18th, 2006, 14:11
Yeah. I have v2.6 first of all.

Second - what about the control sceme? I mean, once I start the game, doesn't it need to be specially made to accomidate for the "mouse - arrow keys"?

yaustar
April 18th, 2006, 14:12
Taking out any platform specific code and replacing it with PSP specific code. (eg Display, controls etc)

saarshai
April 20th, 2006, 18:21
How do I do that? Is there a special freesci for PSP or a patch?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. I know nothing about PSP homebrews or emulators.

yaustar
April 20th, 2006, 19:00
Sorry, I was refering to crossfadking's question, not yours but essentially you recode all the Input, Dispaly sound etc functionality to accomandate the PSP.

saarshai
April 24th, 2006, 10:36
Yeah, but how do I do it?
I know that for instance, scummVM has a PSP version.
Which emulators/eloader/homebrew should I use to load these games?

Can I use dosbox, for instance, to load old quest games? I doubt it, since dosbox doesn't have the keys sceme built in the scummVM-PSP, for example.

saarshai
April 25th, 2006, 13:36
well?

(bump. sorry.)