PDA

View Full Version : Mame and PSP

davidgilmour
April 18th, 2006, 22:00
Hey,

is there a good version of MAME out on PSP?

yaustar
April 18th, 2006, 22:41
There is a mame port for the VERY early games.

davidgilmour
April 19th, 2006, 08:39
There is a mame port for the VERY early games.

ok, how come there are no mames for 16 bit games like 1941, Forgotten Worlds, Black Tiger, Strider, Final Fight, Bionic Commando, Three Wonders, Captain Commando, Last Duel, Mega Twins, Varth, Magic Sword ?

I would love to play those on a memory stick for PSP!

yaustar
April 19th, 2006, 11:53
Because no one has?

Some of those are CPS1 arcade board which no-one has attempted to emulate yet. Also the later Mame (PC) revisions are very bloated due to the number of games it has to support so porting with a playable speed is almost an impossible task. The RAM limitation doesn't help either.

Mame on the GP2X/GP32 is a lot better though.

If you want to play some of those games, there are ports on various consoles that are emulated by the PSP that you can play. Eg Final Fight is on the SNES. Bionic Commando is on the NES. Last Blade is Neo Geo I think so you can play the NeoGeoCD version.

pspcross
April 19th, 2006, 20:54
i have managed to get double dragon to run on the
pspmame 097 tc

this is for technos. when you load it you get a list of the games supported for that version of pspmame.

i put the roms ddragon and ddragonu in a roms folder.

it runs but very slowly and unplayable.

but at least its a start.

if you need to know which roms you need for which mame game go to the following site it tells you loads
of information.

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/

hope this helps.

davidgilmour
April 19th, 2006, 21:43
i have managed to get double dragon to run on the
pspmame 097 tc

this is for technos. when you load it you get a list of the games supported for that version of pspmame.

i put the roms ddragon and ddragonu in a roms folder.

it runs but very slowly and unplayable.

but at least its a start.

if you need to know which roms you need for which mame game go to the following site it tells you loads
of information.

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/

hope this helps.

what is the most technical advanced game that runs 99% ?

cawley1
April 19th, 2006, 22:24
ok, how come there are no mames for 16 bit games like 1941, Forgotten Worlds, Black Tiger, Strider, Final Fight, Bionic Commando, Three Wonders, Captain Commando, Last Duel, Mega Twins, Varth, Magic Sword ?

I would love to play those on a memory stick for PSP!

Are you having a laugh?!
Everything you listed there is on Capcom Classics Collection Remixed - just buy the UMD and you have all the Capcom goodness you crave! Assuming you have upgraded to 2.6... I just posted an arcade emulation thread before I read this, looking forward to seeing some replies!