PDA

View Full Version : ds lite slot 1 help

dcemusa
July 22nd, 2009, 23:53
I purchased last week ds lite with spanish coach game. Spanish coach is boring.
Then read about adding Spanish learning videos to DS lite.
I purchased
Kingston 4 GB microSDHC Class 4 Flash Memory Card SDC4/4GB.
It arrived today and no way is adapter going to fit into slot 1.
I call Kingston and they suggested I buy to use with their card
Transcend 4 GB SDHC Class 6 Flash Memory Card TS4GSDHC6.
I ordered through Amazon and it should arrive by Friday.
then got to thinking perhaps I should contact Transcend.
Transcend sends me this

I do not believe that the slot for NDS lite is designed for SDHC
card or any kind of SD card. You might want to check with Nintendo since
I do not believe there are any slots for SD cards beside the R4
aftermarket kit that came with the microSD card slots available.

Last night I downloaded moonshell2.

Do I need an R4 or M3 adapter for either Transcend when it arrives or Kingston?
thanks and please keep it simple.

this will be on an Dell Inspiron 8600 XP SP3 2meg

djshok
July 23rd, 2009, 02:44
Yes you will need a flash cart such as an R4 or CycloDS Evolution. You can't just plug a micro SD card into the DS. DO NOT call Nintendo and ask them about flash carts!

I suggest the CycloDS Evolution. Google it. It is by far the best flash cart you can get.

Also, I suggest you read up on what flash carts are and how they work. Start here:

http://www.europe-nintendo.com/forums/nintendo-ds/313-userguide-how-to-use-your-nintendo-nintendo-ds-flashcart-for-dummies.html

Good luck.

dcemusa
July 23rd, 2009, 06:35
I go looking for R4 and CycloDS not knowing anything about either. Could not find either on Ebay or Amazon and Yahoo shopping had some places in Hong Kong. Read more and since I have this microSDHD found R4 SDHD with people saying some are fakes, don't work have use SDHD then looked locally by typing in r4 sdhd and my city and found this.

All are original no clone with all package usb included..! support up to 32gb

Call xxx xxx xxxx SPECIAL PRICE BULK ARE AVAILABLE !!!

Let me Save you money Don't waste money buy $20 $30 per a games get here for Unlimited...

if you need R4 sdhc only ~~~ R4i only this doesn't included games or micro sd call for special price bulk available

DS/DSlite can be use for R4 sdhc +2gb with 30 games loaded for $30~~~~ 4gb micro + $5 more

DSi/DS/DSlite can be use for R4i +2gb with 30games loaded for $35~~~~~ 4gb micro +$5 more

Call xx xxx xxxx Help you save money for Gamess....

Question call or text xxxx xxxxx or email

I used x's to blank out number. I'm going to meet this person tomorrow and pay $17.00 for it. NO CD.

Should I be worried like maybe local law enforcement has nothing better to do than arrest R4 buyers?

Or worried it might appear someone watching that it is a drug buy?

It will for sure add some fun to buying a flash cart

dcemusa
July 23rd, 2009, 07:15
It does not come with CD and box writing is in English. I read where it could be a fake if not in Japanese.

I was emailed this site where I have to update or format it
http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

After it is formatted then install those 2 files from moonshell2 I downloaded?

djshok
July 23rd, 2009, 12:32
Honestly, I wouldn't buy an R4 right now. The official R4 is no longer made, as that company doesn't exist anymore. So the name R4 has been adopted by a number of other, unrelated developers making their own versions of the R4. That's why you get things like the R4-III, R4 SDHC, etc... Some of them are better than others, and some just appear to be total crap. The firmware support is sporatic and questionable, as it again depends on the developers, and some versions of firmware won't work on certain versions of the R4. The whole thing is a mess.

Personally, I think the CycloDS Evolution is far superior to any R4's out right now. There is only one CycloDS Evolution, made by one company, who diligently supports their product with firmware updates and proper manuals and instructions. I suggest you check out their official website: http://www.cyclopsds.com it should answer all your questions.

dcemusa
July 23rd, 2009, 22:46
I did not listen to you. At 1pm I waited outside a McDonald's for about 15 minutes when this older car pulls up, looking at me as to where to park. I point to a spot. He pulls into it.
Now prior to meeting I put MoonShell2 on Kingston 4meg, downloaded 2 videos and converted them to dpg and put them on card.
I walk over to his car, he shows me card he takes out of 4sdhc box, It is an R4 upgrade revolution for DS. I give him adapter and card and my ds lite and he inserts all Nothing happens. He takes card out and on his passenger seat there is an open laptop. He puts card into drive, does whatever and then inserts it back into DS lite. It works. Those videos played with sound. I give him $17.00 which included a reader and another adapter and he leaves. I go into McDonalds for a hamburger no cheese and leave.
So far so good. Now all I need do is add lots of Spanish learning videos to my DS lite.
I'm sorry I did not listen and get Cyclopsds as you suggested but I really didn't want to wait.
Oh, and I was not arrested by NDS police for purchasing a contraband cartridge
thanks.

sharkinfested
July 24th, 2009, 16:22
I give him $17.00 which included a reader and another adapter and he leaves. I go into McDonalds for a hamburger no cheese and leave.

That made my day, Hamburger no cheese and you go home xD

dcemusa
July 26th, 2009, 21:54
A few days now and downloading spanish learning videos and then converting to *.dpg files takes a long time especially if files are large.

Here is a suggestion.

Take a Nintendo game card and figure how to pute it into a R4 type adapter with a USB end and then stick it into a Photo touch screen frame port.

It won't be as portable as a DS lite though it would be a lot more portable then a lap top.