<blockquote>UMD Tool
by SodR
Version: 0.1
Platform: Sony PSP
Download: Hem.bredband.net/kalsod

------------------
What is this?
------------------

My original idea was just to create a simple program that could launch MPHGL and RunUMD at 333MHz without any extra trouble. Then I just added a few extra functions and here we are. These days you don't know what program or if you even can boot your new UMD on your 1.0/1.5 psp so I hope this program will make it a little easier to figure that out.

------------------
Functions:
------------------

- Start the UMD | Just boots the UMD via eboot.bin
- Start the UMD at 333MHz | Boots the UMD and overclocks the psp to 333MHz
- Boot 2.0+ UMD | Boots a 2.0+ UMD using the same method as flashmod
- Launch RUNUMD at 333MHz | Launches RUNUMD and overclocks the psp to 333Mhz (RunUMD needs to be installed)
- Launch MPHGL at 333MHz | Launches MPHGL and overclocks the psp to 333Mhz (MPHGL needs to be installed)</blockquote>

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

felonyr301
April 19th, 2006, 00:05
nice work guy ill give it a try

Nadicted07
April 19th, 2006, 00:10
so does this allow us to play games other than 1.5? If so... which ones i really wanna play that megaman powered up game

benny blanco
April 19th, 2006, 04:15
I have a 1.0 psp. would this allow me to play umd's that require my psp to update? I haven't gotten to many umd's for my psp, because I want to be able to keep this psp as a piece of history. I love it.

DraconumPB
April 19th, 2006, 04:46
Use the version changer (sxt) to update your version to 2.00, then usethis homebrew for anything that requires 2.00 or above (i.e. some games will be fooled by the version changer, others need this to be done, like gta).

BoBKiD
April 19th, 2006, 04:52
Will this allow us to play UMD Movies that require 1.52+ firmware? If not, then how can we do that? :confused:

StealthCP
April 19th, 2006, 08:19
Some UMD movies require 1.52 firmware?

No, the game launchers only launch games, hence the name "game". It launches off the game area of the UMD. They can be modified though, to run different files on the disc, namely, your movie. No point thoguh, just change the version number of your PSP to something above 1.52 (eg. 2.00 or 13.37) and the movie will work. Bear in mind that changing the version number does not change the firmware on your PSP, only the number it goes by, tricking the PSP into thinking you have a higher firmware, allowing you to run some games. The RunUMD launcher runs parts of the 2.6 firmware, etc. to play games that use code specific to 2.6.

urherenow
April 19th, 2006, 08:44
sorry StealthCP but you're misinformed. Faking a version change will not play an h.264 encoded video (ones that would go in the ANV folder under mp_root (vice MQV). The answer is no, this program will NOT allow you to play videos encoded as such (nor will any version changer).

Mew
April 19th, 2006, 10:23
When will be Wireless Play available? Or did I miss something? :D

mog
April 19th, 2006, 16:19
I have a 1.0 psp. would this allow me to play umd's that require my psp to update? I haven't gotten to many umd's for my psp, because I want to be able to keep this psp as a piece of history. I love it.
That's exactly how i feel, and i wanna know too.
Not going to get my hopes up though, as hardly any other loaders work.. like mph's don't and run umd (i think) doesn't work.
Also, i don't think umd genesis, umd emulator or fastloader work on 1.00, but i could be wrong... :rolleyes:

So far, the only loaders that i know work on 1.00 is devhook 0.22 and older versions of hook boot..
But even those loaders won't directly load umd's, you have to back them up first.

SXT or WAB version trickers work a little, but still couldn't get lumines working for me (fw1.50).

So yea, i really hope this works on 1.00... but I won't try it out until someone else confirms it works, or i find out whether or not it would be safe to test. :cool:

grin.ch
April 19th, 2006, 17:20
NEW! UMDtool! Eats up your batteries 50% faster!

BoBKiD
April 19th, 2006, 19:18
Some UMD movies require 1.52 firmware?
just change the version number of your PSP to something above 1.52 (eg. 2.00 or 13.37) and the movie will work.
That won't work, I am afraid. I tried it and I still get the "This disk cannot be played" message. I have 3 UMD movies and I can only watch 1 of them on my 1.50 PSP. "Ghost in the Shell" won't run and it comes with a firmware 1.52 update. "Stealth" comes with a 2.0 firmware update and it doesn't work, even if I change the PSP version to 2.xx! The UMD contains "Wipeout: Stealth", a small Wipeout demo, which works though, with just the firmware version change trick.

Can anyone make a modified version of UMDTool for UMD videos? :confused: