PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted SD? Possible fix?

glacen
July 25th, 2009, 19:53
I posted this on a couple of other forums, but I was wondering what you guys might think.

Hi,

Just to start off, I have an R4 English version (R4DS, I think it was the first ones).

So basically I charged it like I normally would. Sure enough, it was fully charged later on. I thought, "Ok, I'll go to the 'games' folder to play a few games to pass the time."

Then for some strange reason, all my folders were in these weird symbols like "╟6╞u╟5┬.¡╫÷" even the files. I can't open anything because it will tell me things like "Cannot read from source disk" or something similar to that.

Here's a picture of my folders.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t244/abstractsunrise/ndscorrupt2.jpg

If I were to select all of it and 'right click' > 'properties' I would get about 100 files or so, but they would measure up to 252 GB. As pretty bogus sounding as that is, I honestly don't know why it reads it like that.

In any case, I was wondering is there any way to fix this like, not 'recover' the files so to speak, but try to get my game saves back through a program or anything? I remember my sister had the same problem and one of our friends fixed it in about 20 minutes but I can't recall what happened.

I did some researching and I was led to a post at a site. It was between two people.

Person A with the problem: "hi, i bought my r4 the other day and loaded pokemon platinum to my 2 gb micro sd card. it asked if i wanted to create a .SAV file, so i did. the game was working, so i turned it off and switched it back on again. instead of the platinum .nds file i had all these files with weird symbols like ╟6╞u╟5┬.¡╫÷ and they take up 41.3 gb on my card. i want to delete them but it says Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.
does anyone know how to delete this and why this happened???
thanks for your help!"

Person B with the hint to a solution:
hi
this happened to me, and my dad fixed it.
er, its something to do with the fact that the file is unknown by any software u have so it cannot delete it. i think my dad downloaded sumthin off the internet that idetified it, or converted it into something else, hope this helps slightly...(you will have to reload pokemon back on again, as your othr 1 went corrupt)
hope i helped u a bit
x

I don't know if this is true that there is something like this, but if there is, can somebody please help me with it? Or point me in the right direction?

Thanks. :)

waqyum
August 4th, 2009, 20:07
I think you need to format the micro SD card to fix this problem.