PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Cross Emulation Issues

dmiller21892
July 29th, 2009, 00:03
Hey everyone. I've come here on my hands and knees in desperation to try and find out what the hell is wrong with my Chrono Cross EBOOT. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Greatly.

I'm running custom firmware 5.00 m33-6 with a 1.50 Kernel Add-on on a PSP-2001 (Slim). I have Popsloader that can run all the 3.xx firmwares, 4.01 and, of course 5.00 m33-6.

I have 2 different EBOOTs, both created with RS-GUI Popstation v3.00 that are a Multi-disc EBOOT and two Single-disc EBOOTs. So far they both yield the same results in gameplay.

I have read the Gamerspress compatibility guide over and over again trying to figure out what to do, and still I have become stuck. Here are my frustrating results:

(Note: I use the word "freeze" to describe when the game stops on a frame and becomes unplayable, but I can still access the PSP menu by hitting the "Home" button. I use the word "crash" to describe when the game stops on a frame and becomes unplayable but I cannot access the PSP menu and a short time after this happens, the system shuts down completely)

3.00-3.52: Game will not even boot (Error 80000004)
3.71-3.72: Game freezes on status screen, does not freeze on Mama Komodo, but crashes on KingMaoMan boss battle at Viper Manor
3.80-5.00: Game does not freeze on status screen, does not freeze on Mama Komodo, but crashes on KingMaoMan boss battle at Viper Manor.

Why is my game freezing at the end of the KingMaoMan boss battle?

I cannot for the life of me figure out why it is doing this, and I've played through the 20 minute or so long game segment that consists of climbing up the back of Viper Manor about 10 times now and I don't think I can do it but just a couple more times before I give up completely.

So please, if anyone could even just point me in the right direction or supply any information on why my game is crashing at the end of the KingMaoMan battle I would appreciate it.

Qmark
July 29th, 2009, 00:59
http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Compatibility_List

dmiller21892
July 29th, 2009, 01:27
http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Compatibility_List

I read that and I already said that it hasn't helped.

souledge2k5
August 16th, 2009, 14:54
how about upgrading to 5.50 gen and use that pops?

DPyro
August 16th, 2009, 22:55
Bad eboot.