PDA

View Full Version : psp pandora battery 5.50 not working? >.<

delinquent
July 29th, 2009, 15:42
okay, well basically my brother and i both have PSP's. my brother hacked his PSP, making it a pandora battery, da original way by opening up da battery and actually taking one of those lil leg things off. a few weeks later he was able to hack mine without doing that, but by using my memory stick and computer somehow and my PSP software is at 5.50 GEN-A (Full) and i've never had a problem with my PSP at all until now.

anyways, every game i want to play always works and runs fine, no problem there. but the other day, my other brother was playing my PSP when he came to me and told me the PSP suddenly shut off on him and didnt even say it was on low battery. so it wouldnt turn back on and i thought maybe its just dead so i charged it and in like 5 minutes later, it was "done". so i turned it on and it turned on but when i take it off the charger it shuts right off.

now everytime i charge my PSP, the red dot stays on for like 5 minutes, hell, maybe 3 minutes, and then goes away. i can play my PSP just fine if i leave it on the charger, i can even play it without the battery in it when its connected to the charger. but once i take the charger off it dies right away and now my PSP is basically just a small, 6 ounce, handheld console, since i have to plug it to the wall everywhere i go in order to play it. when i unplug the charger, it then shows the low battery icon and shuts off, which it didnt when it first simply shut off and started this problem. i can put it in hibernating mode, disconnect the charger and bring it somewhere, and it will always start where i left off, but when i just pull the charger out and wait like 2 minutes it restarts, unless i turn it on before 2 minutes.
yeah my PSP is acting really confusing, sorry.

basically im trying to figure out weather the issue is with my PSP, or the battery, my guess is the battery.

about a month or two ago, a big ass dog chased me and i dropped my PSP, and my battery split in 3 pieces, the front black part, the back black part, and the actual battery but this has not effected my PSP at all. maybe it could finally be effecting it now? because i recall this happening with me before on other devices i've had, like cell phones and radios.

i recall seeing problems about PSP's not working after a while of having a pandora battery but i havent really looked into them. lazy.

if anybody knows what i can do to help it please let me know. for some reason i believe there is really nothing i can do but theres always some kind of way. sometimes...

thanks