PDA

View Full Version : is it possible

SeNceZ
July 29th, 2009, 21:40
is it possible to hack a psp slim [silver] with ofw 5.03? Does the motherboard interfere with any of the downgrading process because i dont know what the motherboard is.

Eviltaco64
July 29th, 2009, 21:53
First off, how old is your PSP and what firmware did it originally come with?

If it was with the Daxter PSP bundle, then it should be hackable via a TOOL Battery.

I'd buy the TOOL Battery from Deal Extreme (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472) as it's cheap and the shipping is free (though fairly slow).

SeNceZ
July 29th, 2009, 21:54
I really do not no it's my friends he is selling it idk what firmware it originally came with but if it has a firmware 5.03 or below it should be hackable and be able to run iso's by using the chikhen, right?

Eviltaco64
July 29th, 2009, 22:02
I really do not no it's my friends he is selling it idk what firmware it originally came with but if it has a firmware 5.03 or below it should be hackable and be able to run iso's by using the chikhen, right?

If it came with a firmware under 4.00, then it should definitely be hackable via a TOOL Battery. If it's a silver PSP (from the states, at least), then it should be hackable via this method.

If it isn't, there's other methods such as the Medal of Honor: Heroes exploit that works even on the PSP-3000 or that TIFF exploit for 5.03.

We don't support warez, and chickhen's main purpose is to upgrade to custom firmware which is far more compatible.