PDA

View Full Version : PSP Roms help please.

psphackhelp
July 30th, 2009, 06:15
Hello, I am trying to run Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 ME emulator on my psp fat V. 5.03 m33-6
but the music in the roms is skippy and slowed down. Is there any way to fix this?

Eviltaco64
July 30th, 2009, 22:28
It depends on what game you're running. Some SNES games that utilize special chips (i.e. SA-1 and Super FX games) are going to run slower.

You can get a good speed up by overclocking the PSP to 333 MHz if it isn't set there, playing on auto frameskip (or frameskip 1, but know that frameskip sucks), and lowering the sound frequency. Playing around with the aspect ratio could also give you a small boost in speed.

psphackhelp
July 31st, 2009, 00:28
Thank you for the suggestions, the emulator is already set to 333mhz. I tried adjusting the frame skip rate with Final Fantasy III and it had the most noticeable effect on the sound quality, I also tinkered with the output frequency but that was also set to the highest quality so it only slowed it down more.

I'm also having issues with several other games.. Super Mario RPG, Radical dreamers, and Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest load and sometimes work for a few minutes, but then they freeze and shut down the psp. Is there any way to adjust this or is it a problem with the rom's themselves?

and even without frame skip the top of the screen seems to bounce every few seconds on every rom I've tried. Now I am just being picky though, I can live with this it's only mildly irritating, but is there any way to fix it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Eviltaco64
July 31st, 2009, 03:31
I'm also having issues with several other games.. Super Mario RPG, Radical dreamers, and Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest load and sometimes work for a few minutes, but then they freeze and shut down the psp. Is there any way to adjust this or is it a problem with the rom's themselves?

Super Mario RPG is an example of a special SNES game that utilized a chip (SA-1). These games run slower for sure, but there are speedhacks available that give you a significant speedup (at least Mario RPG).

I'm not sure about the PSP randomly shutting off. It could be a hardware problem, but I could be very wrong.

psphackhelp
July 31st, 2009, 05:29
Okay, Thanks so much for all the advice :)

I look into the shut down problem more, it seems to be doing it with all the roms now so I believe you are right when you say it is a hardware problem. Thank you for all your help.