PDA

View Full Version : How do I transfer ebooks to my DS ?

MrsBucket
July 30th, 2009, 17:30
Ive downloaded an ebook to my computer but want to transfer it to my DS.Ive purchased a memory card,a micro SD adapter and a DSTT which fits into the DS slot.It just doesnt work and im obviously missing something but I havent a clue what.Can anyone help at all ?:confused:

DanTheManMS
July 31st, 2009, 01:48
What format is the ebook in? You'll need to get it in a simple .txt file format for anything on the DS to use it. Once it's in .txt format, you can use any one of the several text readers for the DS. Moonshell is a popular media player for the DS that can read text files, while DSReader is a program whose sole purpose is to read text files and allows you to use font files directly from your computer (Arial, Times New Roman, etc). ReadMore can let you turn the DS on its side to read that way, while DSLibris can do the same but requires conversion to XML first.

MrsBucket
July 31st, 2009, 09:16
Thankyou so much for explaining this to me.
The book is in Adobe Acrobat format.
Do you think that will be OK if I then follow your instructions.:)

DanTheManMS
August 1st, 2009, 06:34
So it's PDF file? See if you can save it as a text file first. If that doesn't work, then consider converting it to a series of JPEG images and then using ComicBookDS to view it.

MrsBucket
August 1st, 2009, 08:45
Thats much appreciated.Im going to give it a go today,many thanks for your help.!!