PDA

View Full Version : PSP stuck pixels - What to do?

saarshai
April 25th, 2006, 13:41
I've purchased a PSP through Ebay. The device arrived and there are 3-4 white (always) pixels. The previous owner says they weren't there when he had it.

1. Could it be that these pixels got stuck somehow? (If they weren't there - could they have gotten the way they are on the way?)

2. How can I tell if they are "dead" or just "stuck"?

3. What can I do about it, if they ARE stuck? I've heard there's video file to run on the PSP to "unstuck" them. It's an MP4 format - how can I run it on my device? Are there other softwares that might help the situation?

PLE-E-EASE help.
Thank you.

tornjaw
April 25th, 2006, 14:19
I've purchased a PSP through Ebay. The device arrived and there are 3-4 white (always) pixels. The previous owner says they weren't there when he had it.

1. Could it be that these pixels got stuck somehow? (If they weren't there - could they have gotten the way they are on the way?)

2. How can I tell if they are "dead" or just "stuck"?

3. What can I do about it, if they ARE stuck? I've heard there's video file to run on the PSP to "unstuck" them. It's an MP4 format - how can I run it on my device? Are there other softwares that might help the situation?

PLE-E-EASE help.
Thank you.

People are still complaining to Sony about their stuck and dead pixels. Apparently, a user from psphacks.net, owns a LCD TV and had some stuck pixels. He went to Best Buy and they gave him a DVD that flashed, RED, GREEN and BLUE, over and over. This is supposed to "un-stuck" those pesky stuck pixels by making the colors do rapid changes.

So far, it has worked around 60% of the time. This was tried on a PSP that had 6 stuck pixels, and it fixed them all. The only real thing you can do is set the video to repeat and leave it on for a few hours. In Version 2.0, a white and a black screen has been added, so you can periodically check to see if your pixels have been fixed. This video works with all versions of the PSP, from 1.00 to 1.52. Good luck.

Included is a video that does the same thing but for your PSP. Several users have reported success with this video, though several have reported failures. You don't have much to lose, so just give it a shot and let us know your results.

Load and run this MP4 file as if you were loading a movie onto your PSP.

Original Thread (http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/showthread.php?t=35552&page=8)

stuckpixelfinder.zip (http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=15825)

Elsid
April 25th, 2006, 14:35
very good!!