PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried a 4gb memory stick on a 1.5 FW PSP yet?

ukkevinl
April 25th, 2006, 14:22
Hi,

The question's in the thread title, but has anyone got their hands on a 4Gb memory stick yet?

With the FW2.7 release one of the fixes is for using memory sticks larger than 2Gb.

So I was wondering whether anyone had seen any problems with 4Gb memory sticks on FW1.5?

thanks in advance

Kevin

MikeDX
April 25th, 2006, 15:16
well, the 4gb drives work with 1.5psps... so why not?

grin.ch
April 25th, 2006, 15:35
however, 4GB HDD does NOT work with 2.0+ with the eboot loader. I know, as I bought it and put all my homebrew on it and I think b/c of the .tiff overflow, it screws up the HDD and reformats it. I spent 3 hours filling the 4GB up and then another 3 filling it up again b4 I realized it was the eboot loader that was screwing it up.

kyus
April 25th, 2006, 16:52
psp's current memory limit is 4gb. The 4gb sticks will be fine on ANY psp. Now... when sony release the 8gb... well. that's different. Us 1.5 owners will need to hope and pray for a custom firmware. I don't care about it for now tho. I have 3 2gb sony sticks... two of which are genuine :P and I got them all for a total steal. My fake stick is just as good tho! I have two for isos... and the other for emu, homebrew and movies :) You'd be better off and cheaper with 2 2gb sticks rather than a 4gb. the two 2gb sticks will combine to around 3880 mb, whereas the 4gb may be considerably less.

ukkevinl
April 27th, 2006, 08:47
psp's current memory limit is 4gb. The 4gb sticks will be fine on ANY psp. Now... when sony release the 8gb... well. that's different. Us 1.5 owners will need to hope and pray for a custom firmware. I don't care about it for now tho. I have 3 2gb sony sticks... two of which are genuine :P and I got them all for a total steal. My fake stick is just as good tho! I have two for isos... and the other for emu, homebrew and movies :) You'd be better off and cheaper with 2 2gb sticks rather than a 4gb. the two 2gb sticks will combine to around 3880 mb, whereas the 4gb may be considerably less.

Thats a good idea, thanks!