PDA

View Full Version : v2.70 and games boot from Memory Stick

JoeMH
April 25th, 2006, 19:51
First off, I don't know anything about programming homebrew or emulators for PSP so I don't know how accurate this post might be. Also DO NOT UPDATE thinking you will be able to use emulators and homebrew on v2.70. Right now all it is, is hope.

From what I understand, most of Sony's updates included stopping of bootable games from the Memory Stick. With their new v2.70 update, you can boot demos off the Memory Stick, but you must have v2.70 installed to do it. Why would you need v2.70? Did it include something that made games bootable from Memory Stick, or is it just a way to force people to update so they can play demos? Either way, booting games from the Memory Stick is possible somehow. I really hope the homebrew developers find out how, and that it is easy enough for them to do.

Joe88
April 25th, 2006, 20:14
They just wanna force you to update to stop homebrew. Both loaders are confirmed not working.

JoeMH
April 25th, 2006, 22:07
The existing loaders are not working, but maybe there is a way to tweak them to work like a game demo does when loaded.

John Vattic
April 25th, 2006, 23:15
stick the firmware updates up your a**

CocaCola
April 25th, 2006, 23:45
Sony looks at homebrew, at what people want, and attempt to recreate them quickly, offering buggy versions while taking away most of the useful items offered by homebrewers. They're just looking out for their business, and yes, want money. Don't download 2.7. It's not worth it.