PDA

View Full Version : Help me! My 2GB Card is DEAD!

ZhaR
April 25th, 2006, 19:54
I have a 2GB Sony Pro Duo High Speed stick, I just got it yesterday. Today, I pasted some game into the stick, and left it there while the USB was connected to the PSP with the card. The psp went to sleep mode. Anyways, around 1 hour later I take it off. I see my PSP light is blinking orange, and im like WTF IS GOING ON, and then I check and my card isnt working. Not detectable. OK, I tried formatting it with my PSP. Tried formatting with Windows, DOESNT WORK. I have not tried any Card Reader, but I really want my card working without a card reader. It cost me $100 to get my card JUST YESTERDAY!

ZhaR
April 25th, 2006, 20:02
I would like to add in another thing, I have a card reader on my PC. I place the card into some slot, and it doesnt come up.

MikeDX
April 25th, 2006, 20:03
Faulty card, send it back.

ZhaR
April 25th, 2006, 22:34
I cant send it back, i got it off ebay without warranty. Dont talk to me about replacing. thats not what i asked. My card, once in a while, does show up. I try to format it, there is some format error, then if i remove the card and put it back its back to before. Any other way to fix it?

Gamer8174
April 25th, 2006, 22:41
Yea, a small percentage of these memory sticks seem to be screwed up. See if your seller can replace it (hopefully you have warranty). And for everyone else, I would'nt buy any memory stick without warranty.

Edit: Opps I did'nt relize Zhar was the one who created this topic :o . Did you happen to buy this memory stick new or used? If it's used you got scammed. Im not sure what you can do about getting scammed on ebay, but you could do some research on it.

Edit: Ah look at this,

"Certain conditions that have occurred when using Memory Stick PRO Duo™ with free (recordable) memory space of 2 GB or more are now solved."

I don't know if Sony purpously made 2gb memory sticks not very compatible with 2.6- or what. But it looks like you may need to upgrade in order to use your stick :(. Or just sell it after finding this is functional with 2.7 or higher :).

If anyone else has experienced this issue please tell.

ZhaR
April 26th, 2006, 14:27
Can someone post some software which will help me format my card? Once in a while it shows up, showing 0KB FREE, and when i connect it to the computer the computer lags like hell. I need some powerful software that will format my stick.

tsurumaru
April 26th, 2006, 17:05
Edit: Ah look at this,

"Certain conditions that have occurred when using Memory Stick PRO Duo™ with free (recordable) memory space of 2 GB or more are now solved."

If anyone else has experienced this issue please tell.

This is much more likely related to the following:

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=53801

Ebay is awash with fake Memory Stick Duo's

If you google for this problem I think one of the possible solutions was to try to get a card reader to format the card, but this may not work so good luck.