PDA

View Full Version : Sleep mode - not available on GTA hack?

saarshai
April 26th, 2006, 14:10
I'm playing a scummVM game on my flash card, after booting the GTA loader.

When I push the button for the sleep mode, the screen and sound turns off and the power light blinks for a few seconds... then the device shuts down and I have to restart it. Can that be avoided? (Since it takes SOOOOO long for the UMD to load).

Another unrelated question - I have black dust particles on the screen and open the PSP and cleaned them, now there's others (dark, only visible on bright backround), plus white dots (only visible on dark backround) which I'm afraid maybe dead pixels. Can they be only other dust particles (bright ones) that since the cleaning went in?

Thanks (this forum rocks! you guys helped me from the start and I only enjoy my PSP thanks to you - keep up the good work).

Accordion
April 26th, 2006, 15:57
2.0 and above dont work with sleep mode
but if you get the latest emenu from fanjitas site their is a slumber mode option from the eloader menu which almost does the same thing
check fanjitas website for all info on eloader as every question will be already answered for you on there

about lcd
only always black/dark pixels are dead(not working)
white may be stuck so try the pixel fixing programs
it could be dust but stuck pixels are very common on second class lcd screens

also, never open the psp just to clear dust it voids the warranty and lets even more dust in the psp!! if you live in the europe and it the psp is within year warranty, sony will do next day replacement via courier, for free, if there are problems with numerous stuck pixels, you just phone them up - i would know, i have exchanged four times!!-

saarshai
April 26th, 2006, 19:58
I have no warranty. I've purchased it used. The previous owner swears the stuck pixels weren't there when he had it and I tend to belive him? could they have gotten stuck somehow?

I've tried the fix video for several hours (about 2) and it didn't work. Could it possibly work if I try it longer? (what's the difference?) What is the latest fixer? (I've used the mp4 version 2).

Thanks.

Accordion
April 26th, 2006, 20:19
well they can get stuck through time, it is just a problem with all lcd screens in this case partly due to the resolution of the psp, but more because they're cheap lcds to begin with, with next to zero quality assurance.. oh well

there is a lua app that can flash a single pixel at a time, not sure where to find it though

such programs aren't completely successful
I've got 3 in the upper left corner you get used to it
i still remember the 26 or so i had on my first psp
if you held it up to the night sky the psp looked hollow!!

saarshai
April 27th, 2006, 11:11
I actually don't have a serious problem with it, it's only on in the middle of the screen and the rest (4) are near the corners...
I'm just afraid about more pixels becoming stuck. I'm asking if there's hope for the pixel fixers (is the lua app more effective then the video) if I continue to use it, like having it run more hours.

And please - if anyone knows of another app (like the lua and where to get it), please let me know.

10x.