PDA

View Full Version : Can't update PSP to 2.6

innerlogic
April 26th, 2006, 17:25
I'm trying to update my PSP's firmware, yet every time I try to do it, I get this screen

http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/7964/dsc018739yv.jpg

No fonts, just that. I tried updating it with my GTA UMD, but nothing. I tired the firmwares directly from sony, but nothing.

Anyone have this problem? I did use the font hack on my PSP but have since turned it back to the default ones.

benh
April 26th, 2006, 18:35
try this, go to system settings and click on restore default settings and then try the update again and if this dosn't work try downloading the update again because the one you have now maybe corrupt and after all that if it still dosn't work try the 2.70 update and if that dosn't work you're stuck with the firmware at the moment

Accordion
April 26th, 2006, 20:22
restore system settings

why the **** are you trying to upgrade?

are you mad?

Cooe14
April 26th, 2006, 21:33
That usually happens after downgrading which means you have a 1.5 psp. Why the heck are you upgrading?!?! But anyway Benh's right restore your system's default settings and that should fix it.

SSaxdude
April 26th, 2006, 22:10
Do Not Upgrade. 2.6 Is Evil

vettacossx
April 26th, 2006, 23:24
FIRST ive downgraded my psp from 2.0 twice to 1.5 then i use gta to go back you may not feel so speacial if you read what DOES NOT work on 2.6 with the eloader
all u loose is the ability too pirate more apps than games think i dont know what im talking about ....well before you jump the gun and flame off at rthe mouth go to this site and make sure only the box that says non-working is checked... then FROM THAT TESTED LIST BY FANJITA tell me my loss???i dont see any??

http://www.fanjita.org/content/psp_working.html

you will find fanjita has done such a fine job now that we at 2.6
(which i am for like 5 oif my games!!!) are not at a loss at all ...ive had every firmware!! since 1.5 and i like 2.6 alot!! its litterly the best of both worlds and i dont have too run a ton of exploit to play my fav umd games and i have all my emulators at the same speed as 1.5 and all full screen the same exact emulators!! nes snes genisis gba gbc gb neo geo color( not made full screen yet psmonkey),and my fav hb games like ketm, attack of the mutants, iris, m64 developing....plus...i get to play daxter, syphon filter,mavrick hunter, veitiful joe, dbz shinbudokai all the things i want.....r alll available and more every day....after 2.7 i cant see why we would HOLD BACK ANY MORE i mean it would seem at least by the over all reaction on the 2.7 thread of the forums...that we are as determined as ever to find a new exploit!! new FEATURES and new ISO of UMD GAMES EQUALS NEW EXPLOITS.....i plan to be patient it all works out in the end for us here at dcemu and it always has.. history repeats and to make history do just that 1 more time.....is just.....well a matter of ....time..naturally .lol