PDA

View Full Version : What Wii Homebrew is Compatible with a Gamecube?

shadowriffe
August 10th, 2009, 05:30
So I bought a secondhand Gamecube this weekend, I thought I got a deal for $40, but I realize I could have done better now. Anyways:

I have done Wii Homebrew stuff before, but only cause everything was pretty consolidated and it's all rather standard.

I'm familiar with MPlayer for the Wii, but I'm not sure how that works with the Gamecube...

I guess my main question is, does any of the Wii Homebrew such as MPlayer work on the GCN? If not, can you point me somewhere where I can get a premade version of a media player for GCN that is compatible with the SD Media Launcher without using burned discs?

Sorry if this isn't the right place, but it's more familiar and active than the Gamecube forum.

VampDude
August 10th, 2009, 17:53
Much of the Wii homebrew is compatible with the GameCube, mainly the emulators... Though I'm unsure of the media players.

shadowriffe
August 11th, 2009, 03:32
mm, that's cool. But I want to make sure that will work before dumping the extra $30. Thanks man.

VampDude
August 12th, 2009, 01:45
You should have paid the extra and bought a pre-owned Wii (if not already owning one), it has the best of both consoles homebrew compatibilities.

But after further reading, there is no video playback on the GameCube. Though you can play MP3's, which is somewhat pointless as a media player.

Eviltaco64
August 12th, 2009, 01:49
But after further reading, there is no video playback on the GameCube. Though you can play MP3's, which is somewhat pointless as a media player.

Yeah there is. There's some form of GCLinux that's a standalone media player. Using that, you can watch videos.