PDA

View Full Version : Amiga & C64 Emulation on the PSP

deefadog
August 10th, 2009, 12:46
Hi all, for some reason the search is not working and i could not see any other posts on this so.

I have only just got my PSP, and it has the CFW on it and i'd really like to Have the Amiga & C64 emulators on it.

I have found the emulators:

Amiga - PSPUAE 072

C64 - Vice 2.1.1

Now before i start installing I just wanted to know if these are the best emulators out there at the moment, or any advice or help on common problems i might encounter.

Many thanks for any help!

demonolith
August 11th, 2009, 01:33
I'm sure someone would be able to give more insight than I can. But I tried that Amiga emulator, but I couldn't get it to work with any bios files I downloaded so I just gave up on it.

I have an older version of the C64 Vice emulator that works fine, so I'd imagine that the 2.11 version would be better, if not just as good

deefadog
August 26th, 2009, 14:56
Thanks - well i got pspuae & pspuae4all (amiga) working ok, some games are slow but most are fine.

kharaboudjan
October 4th, 2009, 18:38
it would be so cool if anyone could continue to work on pspuae4all. that emu has real potential. not like the pspuae emu that will never get fullspeed. still it is a great app for the psp but it would just be so cool to have a fullspeed amiga emu for the psp one day =)

Art
October 5th, 2009, 02:09
I assume programmers of both Amiga apps have given up on them now?

Baboon
October 5th, 2009, 10:01
I use both emu's and between the two of them I've got most games running great on my psp.

I assume programmers of both Amiga apps have given up on them now?

TTyman has dropped off the rader since his last release (which is a shame as his builds and the unoficial contrioller mod builds were coming on nicely)... but I know pspuae is still being worked on (AGA support is rumoured to be on the next release too).

Art
October 6th, 2009, 22:54
I thought emulation of the original A500 chipset was too slow to warrant AGA emulation.
It's not like anyone else's PSP is running faster than mine unless the 64Mb RAM in the slim makes that much of a difference.

Maybe it has gotten faster since I updated.. it was a while ago..