PDA

View Full Version : Gianas Return - News

DCEmu_Newsposter
May 31st, 2004, 20:06
News from Kojote:[br][br] Due to the release of Chankast, the first public avaliable Dreamcast emulator running commercial and some homebrewn games: Version 0.1 of Chankast DOES NOT work with "Giana's Return". You will come trough the first 2 screens and the title. When you select "Play" the emulator will hang. Please don't waste your time and our bandwith. In case any emulator can handle Giana's Return we will let you know.[br][br]As the "Giana's Return" beta is already 2 months old: In case you have not tried the game yet, please be patient and wait for the FINAL version which will be out in three to four months. At this time we will also publish the Windows version.[br][br]The press section has been updated with an article by Mark. Thanks to kedo for submitting the picture in PNG form.[br]http://www.gianas-return.de/ [br][br]Our DCEmus for PC Forum is now reopened, please discuss any homebrew that can run on Chankast in there.

souLLy
June 1st, 2004, 22:42
good stuff, should be worth the wait.

Maximo2703
June 1st, 2004, 22:57
yeah definetly hopefully they fix level 22 i believe it is with the jumping space you have to get over the lil grey and brown turtle. that is frustrating

wraggster
June 1st, 2004, 22:59
Kojote will be impressed you got that far :)

any chance of a review ;)

Christuserloeser
June 1st, 2004, 23:42
Can't wait to see it - the beta release was brilliant! 8)

Maximo2703
June 2nd, 2004, 02:54
well Wraggster i did actually do a review on it with level passwords up to that stage on my dreamcaster site ...... www.dreamcaster.cjb.net
im not sure how much longer the site will be up cause i keep gettin traffic warnings from earthlink as well as the service with them will end as of the 12 of this month
But in about a week (when i finish learning what i need to learn with html at college) i will be starting a remodeled verison of dreamcaster it'll be the same address just using a different server to host it through. but if the site is still running you can check out my review on my site. the site is outdated right now cause i haven't touched it since i switched ISPs

if you want though i could do a review on the game for here if you'd like i wouldn't mind as well as any other game

i hope he will be impressed cause it was a pain to get that far even lol all those years of playin mario bros nonstop paid off lol 8)

Christuserloeser
June 2nd, 2004, 07:02
Love your site! That Melchior game rocks! It's damn hard to beat - I couldn't get past Stage1 in 'Normal' mode...

...but I will!

DemoniusX
June 2nd, 2004, 07:39
I love gianas return, good game, I wish it was possible to port Amigas version of risky woods to dreamcast, the game has some of the best music I heard in a game to date.

Maximo2703
June 2nd, 2004, 08:32
Christ..theres only one level lol

Christuserloeser
June 2nd, 2004, 10:50
:) I knew. I played it thru in 'Easy' mode - now I'll try to beat the 'Normal' mode to see if it has more than one Stage... 8)

Maximo2703
June 2nd, 2004, 10:58
trust me theres no more than one stage in any mode and thats straight from the devver himself ( the devver is the same one whos working on Ravens Blade with me and possibly Moo Invaders) ,but he does plan on doing a full updated verison of Melchior and i might do the music for it.

Christuserloeser
June 2nd, 2004, 11:56
Good news 8)

...this game definitly does not need a 'Hard' mode ;)

Chris