PDA

View Full Version : 2.7 not so bad

spezzational
April 27th, 2006, 13:34
I just took a dive and upgraded to 2.7 and I have to say it's not so bad first of all you can now download demos and play them nothing except loco roco right now but i'm sure they'll come out with more probably faster than a downgrade for 2.6 that doesn't involve a 60$ game and 6 months of waiting there's gonna be a mega man demo, Metal gear acid 2 demo and rengoku 2 demo so that's pretty cool and maybe with the new flash player on 2.7 people can make flash games for it and you could make emulators and all that or just individual snes,nes,gba games which would be worth the trouble considering you can download demos of games now

Cap'n 1time
April 27th, 2006, 14:53
you cant possibly make an emulator with flash. it may be possible to play some of the java based emulators though... see nescafe. It was run on the xbox360 and i imagine with some tweaking it might be possible to run it on psp.

http://www.davieboy.net/nescafe/

Cloud_35
April 27th, 2006, 15:39
Huh??? 2.7??!! I just don't believe it :mad:!!

I'm no expert, but I don't think any homebrew will be there.

The options are cool (I would love to download demos to 1.5 but...), but look for the consequences

benh
April 27th, 2006, 18:31
i agree with spezzational i love the new update and don't regreate updateing at all

vettacossx
April 27th, 2006, 19:49
i just cant do it.....im staying at 2.6 i can run every single emu and every single hb game i want.....and have up to date features and not have to use and lil tricks or loaders to do it so.....im happy with 2.6.....and untill we crack 2.7 or 3.0 has a ps1 emulator.....im not moving....square enix ps1(ff7) is just about the only thing that could get me to upgrade!!!! word up!!!

benh
April 27th, 2006, 20:03
the downloadedable demos is great they've got metal gear acid 2 coming out as a demo and some others and the flash is just great go on update you no u want to

I xfire I
April 28th, 2006, 22:28
yeh, but you lose all of the functionality, think lua games and apps, homebrew games and apps, emulaters. and if you did it for the flash player, then you could have just downloaded the SWF player homebrew app, the demos just dont compare to having all these homebrew

John Vattic
April 29th, 2006, 16:08
Updates are for noobs. Flashing firmware over and over is for the herd.

"It's the principal of the whole thing. There's principalities in this"-Big Worm

"Fire on the toilett. It's made slaves of you all"-Stewie Griffen

"Yeah but this one. This one right here. This was my dream. My wish. And I'm takin it back. I'm takin 'em all back"-Mikey of the Goonies

benh
April 29th, 2006, 16:16
stuff homebrew people have already released home made games for the flash player

I xfire I
April 29th, 2006, 16:43
any game on the internet can be downloaded and used with the swf app homebrew, demos are rubbish, all they do is show u what the game will be like, hardly much fun there, your treating demos as an amazing thing when they are rubbish that sony make you want so you upgrade your firmware

benh
April 29th, 2006, 20:49
i still dont regret updateing, this firmwares the best thing sice 2.0

benh
April 30th, 2006, 20:10
I'm a proud 2.70 user

spiderjames
May 2nd, 2006, 04:30
DONT LISTEN TO HIM, flash is terrible, it is slow and doesnt run most games and videos, I upgraded and I had to switch my psp with my cousins 2.5, it was the most regredible decision of my life to upgrade, it is absolutely crap, sony should be ashamed, the flahs is playr 6 LITE, it doesnt run youtube, supid videos, or even google video, it cant even run tetris. Dont listen to anybody or anything that is said about 2.7 being great, homebrew is better than flash cause flash is horrible slow

Lodis
May 3rd, 2006, 01:29
I have just read through this thread and it sounds to me like you are just trying to convince yourself that upgrading to 2.7 firmware was a good thing.

The fact is, you are most likely indenial and which ever way you look at it, having a higher firmware allows you to do much less than having a 1.5, a 2.0 or even a 2.6.

There is no point talking about demos like they are a good thing because they are nothing compared to what you can do on a 1.5.

If I only had access to a 2.7 firmware Psp I would sell it and get a 1.5 or a downgradeble one. Just take a look at the potential of the new N64 Emulator and Snes TYL and in fact any of the other exciting homebrews availiable.

In summary lower firmware rules and you are most likely just fooling yourself into thinking you are glad you upgraded.

zeon x
May 3rd, 2006, 15:48
Sounds like a Sony Mole

fw 2.7 is very bad for emulation and homebrew

John Vattic
May 4th, 2006, 21:15
lmao@$ony mole.
sounds like he wants someone else to make the same mistake he did.

*you just ate an entire $ony s***burger and said it tasted yummy.<-----classic

hey isn't benh the guy/girl who wanted people to check his psp website?

scratch the mole. you mean $ony operative kid! exposed!!!!!<-----even more classic

bullhead
May 4th, 2006, 22:12
Is it possible for homebrew developers to release hb that can be played through the web browser of this new firmware update?

V3N0M
May 4th, 2006, 23:01
No way would i ever update lol until its 100% homebrew compatable. Still 1.5 and will stay 1.5. but it would be cool if someone found a way to run HB on 3.0 with the ps1 emu but it looks like sony is going to cover there ass real good this time before they release PS1 emu lol who knows maby someone will figure out a way to make it work and be able to have the best of both worlds instead of having to buy two psp's. like everything else only time will tell but right now the N64 emu is going to overshadow the ps1 emu.

TacticalBread
May 5th, 2006, 00:19
the downloadedable demos is great they've got metal gear acid 2 coming out as a demo and some others and the flash is just great go on update you no u want to

Why download demos for Metal Gear Acid 2 when with 1.5 you can download th whole game?

IndianCheese
May 5th, 2006, 00:57
No! Bad n00b! No biscuit!

Read the rules: no ISO or game downloading talk.

Bubby_the_Tour_G
June 23rd, 2006, 07:26
i still dont regret updateing, this firmwares the best thing sice 2.0

Ha!!! 2.6 is the end of the line for me. One more upgrade, and Homebrew is FINISHED. 2.7 sucks BAWLS!!! Bottles and bottles of Bawls until you die of caffeine poisoning...

I, unfortunately, happened to have purchased a v2.01 psp, and then I guess I upgraded to 2.6 because it can't be any more difficult (or more easy) to downgrade (when, or if one is ever released). I'm losing hope... :(

2.7 will NEVER appear on my PSP!!

I'm a proud 2.70 user

I don't mean to offend you at all and I respect your opinion, but it must be true that you feel a great deal of remorse for upgrading to 2.7, because now you have shut the door to homebrew and stuffed the key under the crack... "U know u want to..." Sure, I love killing homebrew for good just for some stupid Locoroco anime game... I'll pass.

scottyboynow
June 29th, 2006, 20:06
well guys the new firmware will be out about the ps3 launch so it looks like it will have a ps1 emu so you can play ff on it

DARTH_GAMER
June 29th, 2006, 22:00
I updated my main firmware from 2.60 to 2.71 right after i installed the modchip. i have to say that the flash player could be MUCH faster than sony made it (they could have at least make it run at 333mhz). and as long as thre's only 1 demo available(2 for japan), it's NOT worth updating (for those without the modchip).

CloakedSin
July 2nd, 2006, 00:24
Why oh why did I have to update to 2.71...oh...because I just bought my PSP yesterday -_- the same day I stumbled upon all of this! Emulators..roms...hacks and stuff...2.71 sucks bawls ;/ alas...I'm stuck this way. :(

infernomax
July 2nd, 2006, 04:18
HAHA 2.70/2.71 n00bs!!!11 The downgrader for 2.60 is out !! u still dont regret upgrading?

k1nn34r
July 2nd, 2006, 18:19
If sony can make demos of games cant you copy how they have done it and make homebrew games that actually work, caus the last few games i have tryed never even worked with the unreliable gta & tiff exploits.
Im now at 2.71 and trying my best to work out how the demos are created so i can copy their example.

V3N0M
July 2nd, 2006, 19:30
"2.7 not so bad" LOL