PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Gaming Classic Report

DCEmu_Newsposter
May 27th, 2004, 22:30
My good friend Metafox has posted news in the forums that he has made a report on the Midwest Gaming Classic, heres a little from that Report:[br][br] Now that the hustle and bustle of the Midwest Gaming Classic is over, Dream On can get back to business, and continue to cover the latest goings-on in the Dreamcast homebrew community. But first, what would be the sense of attending the MGC without a report on the show?[br]The Dreamcast's presence at the Midwest Gaming Classic was amazing. There were 17 monitors that allowed for play for six different games. The three games for sale by The Goat Store, Feet Of Fury, Inhabitants, and Maqiupai were each given four monitors for their respective games, and were always gathering a group of people around them. The other games which were playable at the show were DCastle, Boll, Helibomber DX, and Revolver.[br][br]The paper version of this magazine was also given out to a select few attendees of the show to gauge the plausibility of a commercial release. The magazine did unexpectedly well, which was very nice after a lackluster appearance by Cyberdog Castle, so a commercial release of the magazine will be happening in June. No price point has been set yet, but a cover disc will definately be included. [br][br]Read the rest Here (http://dreamon.cyberdogcastle.com/mgcreview.html) [br][br]Thanks to Metafox for a good report :)

wraggster
May 27th, 2004, 22:32
Just so as you know, this site will support as much as we can any homebrew developments .

Great report btw :)

fackue
May 28th, 2004, 00:31
Great to hear the mag did well. I'll be looking forward to the public release in June.

curt_grymala
May 28th, 2004, 03:28
That's incredible. I'm very happy to hear that the DC is still doing so well in the "gaming" community. Keep up the fight Metafox.

Maximo2703
May 30th, 2004, 09:21
i know Dcastle is gettin a commerical release but is Revolver,Boll,Helibomber DX? also i haven't seen anybody say anything Cool Herders i thought they were gettin a commerical release and presenting something at the show. also meta i noticed you haven't mentioned anything about your game. was that presented at the show? but my main question is all these games i mentioned gettin a commerical release?

..... id love to get Raven's Blade commerically released when its finished.

Ian_micheal
May 30th, 2004, 11:50
One of my games is not threw goat store. Cant say any more hush

MetaFox
May 30th, 2004, 21:41
i haven't seen anybody say anything Cool Herders i thought they were gettin a commerical release and presenting something at the show.D'oh! I missed that one. :( I knew I'd miss one. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll update my report accordingly.

Boll, Cool Herders, and DCastle are gearing towards a commercial release. Helibomber DX is going to be included in the GOAT compilation as far as I know, and Revolver was shown by me due to me forgetting my own games when I got to the show. I'm not sure if Vorrtexx has any plans for a commercial release when it's done, but it definately has the potential for a commercial release.

Maximo2703
May 30th, 2004, 21:49
oh awesome meta thankx for the info can't wait to see them released...any tentative release dates.....and hows your game coming?

Ian-what game you releasing? is that Ghouls N' Ghost game thats in another thread on here?

All this DC goodness getting released makes me proud *sniffle* lol