PDA

View Full Version : Sega Genesis Turns 20 On Friday (let's Have Some Fun With It)

wraggster
August 12th, 2009, 19:27
OK, the Sega Genesis turns 20 Friday, since we can't really do much for it other than post fun stories and such we have been thinking about other things we could do to get some participation going around here.

So, how about who can come up with the best Genesis adertisement ever? It can be from a magazine we have released here, it could be from your personal collection that may not be available. Just scan it and post it. Of course there will surely be someone to put up the "Genesis does what Nintendon't" ads, but come on guys and gals, there were a plethora of great ads for the Genesis and it's games, this is not restricted to the system, if you have a fave ad for a Genesis game/peripheral/whatever let's see it!

While we are at it, anyone have any Genesis related trivia? I will start:

Who was the original bad guy in the Sonic games? (hint it would have changed history had Sega not changed it).

http://www.retromags.com/forums/Sega-Genesis-Turns-20-Friday-t4884.html

kojiro7
August 12th, 2009, 23:51
happy birthday dear megadrive.we will love you forever,thanks to emulators

PSPdemon
August 13th, 2009, 01:37
*busts out the genesis*

time to beat some Sub Terrania!

Eviltaco64
August 13th, 2009, 02:18
One of these days, I'll beat Revenge of Shinobi.

homemade
August 13th, 2009, 05:45
One of these days, I'll beat Revenge of Shinobi.

Lol I hear ya man, I still haven't finish the game. For such an awesome game you'd think we would of finished it by now.:o

VampDude
August 13th, 2009, 22:23
The original MegaDrive release in Japan was October 29th, 1988. Then 9 months and 16 days later the same console but without the MegaDrive naming, the Genesis was released in the U.S. on August 14th (a Monday I might add), 1989. Everywhere else, it was the MegaDrive but within the U.S. the SEGA Genesis. The greatest 16-BIT console any kid could ever own though no Sonic until 1991 (which must have been a bummer), except the fact here in the UK we had to wait two years, one month and one day from the original Japanese release (Nov 30th, 1990).

The UK had to wait almost as long for the Super Nintendo, which was released in Japan 9 days before we had our first 16-BIT console (Nov 21st, 1990)... And they already had TWO 16-BIT consoles, but in those days there wasn't the hype from the internet.

kojiro7
August 13th, 2009, 23:37
The original MegaDrive release in Japan was October 29th, 1988. Then 9 months and 16 days later the same console but without the MegaDrive naming, the Genesis was released in the U.S. on August 14th (a Monday I might add), 1989. Everywhere else, it was the MegaDrive but within the U.S. the SEGA Genesis. The greatest 16-BIT console any kid could ever own though no Sonic until 1991 (which must have been a bummer), except the fact here in the UK we had to wait two years, one month and one day from the original Japanese release (Nov 30th, 1990).

The UK had to wait almost as long for the Super Nintendo, which was released in Japan 9 days before we had our first 16-BIT console (Nov 21st, 1990)... And they already had TWO 16-BIT consoles, but in those days there wasn't the hype from the internet.

videogames in europe are always delayed and always more expensive...