PDA

View Full Version : Announcement! 3 D Games

xboxlord
May 26th, 2004, 18:49
Hello,

Brilliant news! ;D

I hope you lot here at dcemu.co.uk remember me talking about making games. Well I didnt stop at talking about it. I have some special software to help me make games and I am about to release my first game [Downloadable on the internet]. I have made a website and have a team of gamemakers. Its an exciteing project, its called 3dg or 3 D Games.
The address www.3dg.xboxland.com
Please take a look at the screen shots, hope you like it!

- Tom

Christuserloeser
May 26th, 2004, 21:14
http://paulhadleytom.bravehost.com/stormtownv1.JPG

:o Excuse me but this will not only be for xbx, I guess!?

wraggster
May 26th, 2004, 22:13
nice screenshot

xboxlord
May 26th, 2004, 23:05
These games are all PC which can be downloaded and used without installation. The game is finished but is under going testing. This is a small PC project, nothing to do with the xbox. I decided I do enough for the xbox now to do something for PC.

:)

If the project goes well then we could have our first game by friday. In future perhaps I will give unique sneek peaks to you lot

www.3dg.xboxland.com

- Tom

xboxlord
May 26th, 2004, 23:16
Didnt even know about that project :)

http://paulhadleytom.bravehost.com/World%20Destruction%201.JPG

Someone in my team is making it.

- Tom

Christuserloeser
May 26th, 2004, 23:20
looks good :)

...how about some DC related too ;)

xboxlord
May 26th, 2004, 23:28
Well,

Im not very sure about dream cast, you see i have never played or seen one. I like the idea of emualation. What could I try and do to make it dream cast related?

:)

fackue
May 27th, 2004, 02:32
Nice looking game. I might give it a shot when it's released (what are the recommended specs?). Just make sure you let us know when it's released!

Will it be open source?

Christuserloeser
May 27th, 2004, 02:37
if it's open source it would be DC related :)

curt_grymala
May 27th, 2004, 03:32
if it's open source it would be DC related :)

That's pretty much the truth. However, it would need to be written in a language that is easily portable to the DC.

The devvers in here would be able to tell you more about which languages those are.

BlackAura
May 27th, 2004, 09:50
If it's written in C/OpenGL, then it might be portable to the Dreamcast.

If it uses C++ or Direct3D, chances decrease. The C++ library on the Dreamcast is not complete, and getting a more complete version (STLport) working is pretty tricky. We have no Direct3D, so we'd have to rewrite the rendering system from scratch.

If it's written in any other programming language, or if the game is full of Windows-isms (like using the Win32 API for everything, instead of using more portable standard C libraries), then chances drop to "slim" or "none".

xboxlord
May 27th, 2004, 12:43
Its .exe format
Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract
10167 k About 9.92 MB

Just double click on the exe file inside the downloaded folder and the game should just play!