PDA

View Full Version : Emulation lag - Final Fantasy 3

Kagemusha_san
August 15th, 2009, 02:44
I have a PSP Slim with cfw 5.00 m33-6. I am using SNES9x TYL. Now, my problem. So far most games seem to run just fine, but the game I want to play the most isn't working properly. Final Fantasy 3 starts fine and goes through the opening sequence without a hitch. When I start playing the game everything seems fine until I get into a battle. The music is extremely laggy and the graphics are a bit laggy as well. I have tried messing around with the video and audio settings, but nothing seems to even change the problem. I have also tried a different copy of the rom, but I still have the same problem. Anybody else have this problem or have any suggestions?

Eviltaco64
August 15th, 2009, 03:30
You could try increasing the PSP's clock speed to 333 MHz, turning the output frequency down to 22050Hz, and turning frameskip on/up.

Or you could try running the Playstation version (which has virtually no slowdown, but fairly long load times).

EDIT: I just tested this out on SNES9xTYLsmcm and played around with settings to make it fullspeed both in battle and exploration mode.

Just follow this:
- PSP clock speed (333 MHz)
- Audio output frequency (44010Hz)
- Set game to fullscreen or 4:3, your choice.
- Go into the hack/debug menu located in Misc. and turn on "Ignore Fixed Colour", "Ignore Palette writes", and "Fix HiRes hidden details".

It played great afterwards. :)

Kagemusha_san
August 15th, 2009, 22:15
I did that and it is much better, but there is still a little lag anytime i attack in battle. When everyone is standing there its at full speed, which is a great improvement. Anytime anything on screen moves during battle it becomes a little laggy again though. Thanks though, it will still make the game much more enjoyable.

Eviltaco64
August 16th, 2009, 01:19
I did that and it is much better, but there is still a little lag anytime i attack in battle. When everyone is standing there its at full speed, which is a great improvement. Anytime anything on screen moves during battle it becomes a little laggy again though. Thanks though, it will still make the game much more enjoyable.

No problem! If you're still experiencing slowdown at times, you could always put the framskip on Auto. That'll give you a boost in speed as well.

DanTheManMS
August 16th, 2009, 04:50
See if the following line is in your "snesadvance.dat" file, and try adding it if it isn't. Might work, might not, I'm not entirely sure to be honest.

C0FA0464|Final Fantasy III (U) (V1|10000005|44C00|0|0|0|0|28236=42DC,B7A3=EAEA,56 8=42FC,B80A=EAEA,11A28=42DC