PDA

View Full Version : How to improve PSP with 1.5 firmware

GSA1508
April 29th, 2006, 10:56
Hello all; great site for PSP fans. I own a PSP which I was able to downgrade 2.0 back to 1.5; and finnaly I am able to run Homebrew games among other things. But I was a little "disapointed" that the ability to place wallpapers and browse Internet are no longer there. I'm (obviously) not a software expert and many tools I ahve seen posted are a little confusing and I cannot locate any tool that can alloow me to keep the 1.5 version but be able to place wallpapers & browse Internet.

I know this request sounds stupid but honestly for a big newbie like me is a hard task to find the proper solution. Can anyone help me?. Thanks in advance.

kyus
April 29th, 2006, 18:20
you want these? use mph firmware loader :) I load up the 2.6 firmware and use all its features... but my psp is a sweet little 1.5 :D It was once a virginal 1.0...

You can also download other software for custom backgrounds on psp :) Here are my software recommendations... I won't be listing emu's.

MPH firmware launcher- launch any firmware from memory stick
Lua Player- Some great little games are on here...
PeP Viewer- Picture file viewer. AMAZING for comic books.
PMP Mod- Best PSP media player. Bar none.
Bookr - PDF and TXT reader. Perfect for ebooks.

kyle2194
April 30th, 2006, 01:25
Load up 2.6? Where did you get a 2.6 dump.

kyus
April 30th, 2006, 01:54
ah.. wait... I tell a lie. it's 2.5.

apologies.

GSA1508
April 30th, 2006, 07:23
This means that I can play also my Mosnter hunter and Battlefront UMDs; which requiere also firmware 2.5?????????.

For MPH loader; it comes with 2.5 frimware or I have to find it somewhere else?

Regards

Basil Zero
May 1st, 2006, 01:58
doesnt it access flash which bricks the PSP?

Cooe14
May 1st, 2006, 22:03
No it dosen't access the flash and no i won't work with UMDs your better off trying runUMD or something of that sort.

GSA1508
May 3rd, 2006, 14:37
Ok, now I am very confused (as first said I not software expert). If the MPH tool recomened runs "any" firmware; but no UMDs; then it means that I have to Load this software every time I want to have wallpaper on my background or browse internet?.
Please lets keep it simple. What is the best choice to do this? without many complications or putting in danger my PSP?. Or better should I forget the whole thing?.
Regards.

samidgley
May 3rd, 2006, 15:37
I used the Pimp My PSP thing on 1.5... and that basically just changed the background.. I think there's a different version of it though which lets you choose your background