PDA

View Full Version : Goddamn Pandora's Battery!!!!!!

ch3ls3a
August 18th, 2009, 16:05
AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Dear all,

No matter WHAT I do I cannot soft mod a Normal battery into a Pandora one.
I am running a PSP 1000 5.50 GEN-B, and so far I have tried:

5.50 GEN VSH - Error
PSP Tool - Crashes at Gameboot
Hellcat's Recovery 1.60 - Error loading/starting several .prx's
Ultimate Pandora Creator - Error
PSPident v0.4 - Error

I also cannot determine which motherboard I have, as PSPident crashes after giving me my kernel version.

Also, with Recovery Flasher, I cannot revert to 5.00 M33 even though I followed all the instructions very specifically.

All help will be appreciated, thanks.

Shrygue
August 21st, 2009, 23:11
Is your battery an official Sony one or a third party? Note that there are some third party and also fake Sony branded ones that can't be softmodded. Have a look, then tell here.

ch3ls3a
August 25th, 2009, 01:12
Yes, the battery is a fake, and I only have a fake one because I tried (rather unsuccessfuly) to hardmod it (at that point I had not heard of softmodding a battery :)) Anyways, then I ordered the rather popular hybrid LED battery, which, at the touch of a button, could be turned into Pandora mode. Only, it stopped working after about 2 months, and then I brought a fake battery for my PSP. At this point, I had upgraded to 5.50 GEN-B, and hoped that i could softmod the battery and downgrade. Little did I knnow that I would be rewarded only by pain and torture, or I would have ordered a Pandoras battery and then softmodded it back. Is that possible - I mean, buying a commerncial Pandoras / Service Tool battery and then soft modding it back?? Please help!

Shrygue
August 25th, 2009, 20:22
I don't know as I've not bought any of those premade pandora batteries before. Only way to tell is get one and then attempt to normalise it. Trying using a PSP app like PSP Tool v1 that can change the battery's EPPROM serial and tell you if it works out or not.

ch3ls3a
August 26th, 2009, 15:08
Do you mean try to change the EEPROM of the battery that I have now, or a Pandoras Battery? If you mean the first, then I can't, since PSP Tool v1.0 crashes on the gameboot. As for the Pandoras battery, I don't currently have acces to one, but I might just be forced into buying one sooner or later. Any more ideas?

PS. Does anyone know why when I start Recovery Flasher that I get several errors loading/starting .prx's on startup, and why it says 'HEN Mode Detected' when I'm on 5.50 GEN?

K1N6
October 23rd, 2009, 18:29
can i use Pandora Tool v5 to downgrade my PSP(Fat) 6.10