PDA

View Full Version : Sega Megadrive/32X Flash Cart - NEO Myth MD 3in1 flash cart + 512M Released

wraggster
August 18th, 2009, 19:51
Just checking on the Neoflash fronted store IC2005.com (http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=33&partner=wraggster) and spotted they finally have the Sega Megadrive/32X Flash Cart called the NEO Myth MD 3in1 flash cart + 512M.

Heres a quick pic:

http://www.ic2005.com/shop/images/P/MD_Myth_retail_01_150.jpg

Heres some of the specs:

THE FINAL SPEC OF NEO MD MYTH SYSTEM :

A.SEGA MEGA DRIVE & GENESIS GAME CARD
SUPPORT ALL MD GAMES
SUPPORT SUPER STREET FIGHT II (40M)
SUPPORT ALL GAME SAVE LIKE PHANTA STAR
SUPPORT ALL SPECIAL GAME SAVE LIKE WONDER BOY V (EEPROM)

B.SEGA 32X
SUPPORT ALL 32X GAMES
SUPPORT ALL 32X SAVE

C.SEGA MASTER
SUPPORT ALL MARK III GAMES
INNOVATION! BUILD IN YM2413 FM SYSTEM, CAN OUTPUT MARK III FM SOUND ON MD/GENESIS CONSOLE

D. SEGA CD
CD BIOS (PLAY ANY REGION GAME CD )
CD BACK RAM

E. MD GAME RAM BACKUP
CAN BACKUP MD GAME SAVE TO NEO2 CART

F. General hardware info
* Can run on USA/JPN/EUR/NTSC/PAL MEGA DRIVE(genesis) console, Multi Region support ( except 32X games )
* Huge memory size, from 512M to 1G, maximum can store 1024 pcs 1M roms, or 32 pcs 32M roms
* The maximum single rom size up to 40M
* MEGA DRIVE Cheat code support (coming later)
* Build in 4M SRAM save,use battery to keep the data
* Support multi rom format file, like *.SMD, *.BIN, MGD2 format

I cant wait to get my hands on one of these babys, the only downer is the price at $149 which is about 85 Quid in UK money, but then again i remember paying 300 Quid for Super Double Pro Fighters and Super Wildcards many years ago.

Personally though its great to see vintage flash carts being released to the masses.

Full details over at IC2005.com (http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=33&partner=wraggster)

JLF65
August 18th, 2009, 23:02
I have one on order that should be in soon. Looks like a good card, but expensive.

wraggster
August 18th, 2009, 23:11
yeah lets hope they drop the price a bit, a tad too pricey i think, but for fans of Megadrive and 32x this is awesome.

i need to get off my back side and buy a 32X, ialso cant wait for the N64 flash cart, emulation is one thing but playing the real thing wins everytime.

i really loved the days when i had a my super wild cards etc

JLF65
August 19th, 2009, 20:37
Yeah, there's just something about the original system an emulator can't quite match. I just recently got an N64 cheap, so I'll have to watch for a N64 flash cart as well.

wraggster
August 19th, 2009, 20:48
yeah the n64 flash cart is supposed to be coming soon too in the matter of weeks from what i hear

VampDude
August 19th, 2009, 23:12
The N64 flash cart will be a fine addition to my collection, but currently the finest addition is my V64 unit.

I might have one of my MegaDrive consoles mailed to me so I can try the three in one, 85 Pounds isn't much at all (about a days pay for some). :cool:

wraggster
August 19th, 2009, 23:35
i never brought a V64 and they are hard as **** to source these days.

i must buy myself a 32x soon as, time to check on ebay i suppose

JLF65
August 20th, 2009, 00:55
Prices are edging up on the 32X recently, so you should probably start looking around. I had the chance to buy a second 32X a few years back for $20 (new in box), and took it. I recently got a CDX as a second SEGA system so I could do networking tests for homebrew, which gave me something to put that 32X on (finally!). Once I get the flash cart in, I'll finally be able to try Zero Tolerance networked. :)

wraggster
August 20th, 2009, 01:12
damn i really regret not getting a CDX off gbax when they had em a few years ago, as soon as i get some spare cash ill get searching

VampDude
August 20th, 2009, 02:36
i never brought a V64 and they are hard as **** to source these days.

i must buy myself a 32x soon as, time to check on ebay i suppose

I bought my V64 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200349635103) in June for like £150 on eBay, the device is awesome though for homebrew it's sadly limited (except PD which I have no idea about loading) because the bios never had any upgrades after 1999/2000. Though being able to play Mario 64: The Missing Stars on the Nintendo 64 console until it crashes is something cool. :cool:

The 32X is quite expensive for an add-on that only spanned 6-10 titles, about £20 to £70... Is it required for the NEO Myth to emulate the 32X back through the console?

JLF65
August 20th, 2009, 04:15
Yes, a 32X is needed for 32X games. The NeoMyth is just a flash cart, not a full 32X. :D

VampDude
August 20th, 2009, 16:51
That sucks, it should have the on board chip (or RAM?) to fully emulate 32X without the add-on.

It would have been cool if the Neptune was released, meaning no messing around with additional power supply units and weird connections... A "DIY" Neptune unit is the closest though, I want to make one (obviously with help) and then with the NEO Myth there would be the most ultimate 16/32-BIT games console. :cool:

JLF65
August 20th, 2009, 19:51
It would take a substantial FPGA to make a 32X equivalent. That would probably make the cart at least half again as expensive. Not to mention, you'd need to have an engineer make the FPGA code to emulate the 32X. It would be nice to see, but not very realistic. :)