PDA

View Full Version : PSPCAP32: Amstrad CPC Emulator v1.0.5

zx-81
May 1st, 2006, 12:14
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspcap32-snap4.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPCAP32 the CPC Emulator for PSP.

What's new in version 1.0.5 :

- Add all missing CPC keys in the virtual keyboard
- Add a file run.txt to specify association between
the disk name and the name of the program to run
(file yyy.dsk -> RUN"xxx)

How to use it ?

Have a look to the README.txt file !

Two binary versions (for 2.x and 1.5 FW) and sources are included in the zip archive.

This package is under GPL Copyright, read COPYING file for more information about it.

Enjoy, :)

Zx.

Cap'n 1time
May 1st, 2006, 15:37
what game is that in your screenshot.. it looks pretty cool.
im your #1 fan Zx!

zx-81
May 1st, 2006, 15:47
@1timeuser: lol Thanks !

This is the famous Ikari Warriors (one of the best "shoot them up" style in 1986 !)

zrossaye
May 1st, 2006, 17:18
do you need the gta eloader for dis game???

zx-81
May 1st, 2006, 18:02
yes if you have a 2.5 or 2.6 firmware ...

Amiga
May 1st, 2006, 18:23
Nice one zx :D

zx-81
May 1st, 2006, 21:39
next release will be better (fullscreen support :) ).

emulator2
May 1st, 2006, 21:41
Great emulator! Keep up the brilliant work. :)

I've been testing out the custom keyboard files and it appears that the '/' key does not work.

In Doctor Who and the Mines of Terror this is the key for down. The keyword menu '/' works but not the .kbd text file mapping.

Any ideas?

zx-81
May 1st, 2006, 21:51
When you reset the CPC emulator (to get the "Ready" prompt") and then you load the keyboard file which key appears when you press the down key ? '/', or another key ?

emulator2
May 1st, 2006, 22:27
When I load the keyboard file and press the down key at the load prompt the cursor moves down the screen and no characters are displayed

I've selected slash=125 in the keyboard text file for down '/'.

zx-81
May 1st, 2006, 22:34
So it seems your keyboard file has not been taken into account ... You have to load it manually or it should have the same name as the .dsk or .sna file you want to run.

emulator2
May 1st, 2006, 22:36
The keyboard and snapshot file both have the same name.

Do mean load the game *.dsk file) manually?

Thanks for the responses!

zx-81
May 1st, 2006, 22:58
The keyboard and snapshot file both have the same name.

Do mean load the game *.dsk file) manually?

Thanks for the responses!

Load the keyboard file manually (with .kbd extention in the pspcap32/kbd directory) to see if it works or not ... (using the menu load keyboard). If you see a / when you go down it means the keyboard file is correct.

Voltron
May 2nd, 2006, 00:11
FULL SCREEN SUPPORT!

Oh man, Full Screen is going to be great. Amazing work. Insanely fast updates and releases. Thanks for this.

ldaneels
May 2nd, 2006, 03:28
Absolutely amazing work here. I just love the CPC & remember fondly some of the games released for the CPC (Sentinel, SRAM, Forteresse, la Geste d'Artillac...).
Anyway, thank you for bringing CPC emulation to the PSP as I was seriously considering the GP2X to play CPC on the go (I will eventually buy one, but there's no rush now). I can even play Sentinel fully. After trying all sorts of emulators on handhelds, this is the first one that makes it really possible.
I have a few requests & comments, though:
- would it be possible to have a disk activity LED ? I am always paranoid when a game hangs for too long.
- for some reason Batman (Ocean) is bugged on the PSP, but not on the PC. It is impossible to pass doors north & south of the screen. This is just too weird
- the RUN.TXT file is pure genius. And to think I have been renaming & creating files inside the dsk files... no more ! Either way, is it possible to link a file name to lCPM ?
- you seem to have removed the RETURN press when you chose the RUN" command, so you have to manually press RETURN (I know, I am lazy). Could you put it back in ?
- A little more speed would be incredible (we are so close to full speed). the problem with frameskips is that sometimes when the sprites blink, it gets caught in the wrong frame & you never see your sprite... A pretty rare occurrence, but it does happen.
- For all those interested, I am in the process for making kbd files for games. I have about 80 so far & more coming up (when I'm done, there should be about 500 kbd files).
- For some reason binding Joy0 to the crosspad does not work. Any idea why (I also tried Joy1) ?
- Would it be possible to add key bindings to the analog stick ?
Well, I think that is about it. I am most definitely going to keep an eye on this emulator. Good luck & keep up the excellent work.

Loic

zx-81
May 2nd, 2006, 09:18
FULL SCREEN SUPPORT!

Oh man, Full Screen is going to be great. Amazing work. Insanely fast updates and releases. Thanks for this.

Should be soon available, i've got already a fit width working version. I'm working now on a x1.25 an x1.5 zoom version, but i'm novice in image resizing algorithm, so be patient lol :D

zx-81
May 2nd, 2006, 09:34
First of all, thanks for your comments and feedback.

I have a few requests & comments, though:
- would it be possible to have a disk activity LED ? I am always paranoid when a game hangs for too long.

Yes why not.

- for some reason Batman (Ocean) is bugged on the PSP, but not on the PC. It is impossible to pass doors north & south of the screen. This is just too weird

I will have a look on this point.

- the RUN.TXT file is pure genius. And to think I have been renaming & creating files inside the dsk files... no more ! Either way, is it possible to link a file name to lCPM ?

Yes in the futur version, you will have to write mydiskname=|CPM
and it will enter the |CPM command instead of RUN"...

- you seem to have removed the RETURN press when you chose the RUN" command, so you have to manually press RETURN (I know, I am lazy). Could you put it back in ?

I've removed ENTER at the end of the command, because the command to run is often an abreviate version of the disk filename, so that way the user can modify easily the line.

- A little more speed would be incredible (we are so close to full speed). the problem with frameskips is that sometimes when the sprites blink, it gets caught in the wrong frame & you never see your sprite... A pretty rare occurrence, but it does happen.

Next version will be a little bit faster (i've removed slow SDL stuff).

- For all those interested, I am in the process for making kbd files for games. I have about 80 so far & more coming up (when I'm done, there should be about 500 kbd files).

If you want to share your kbd files with others, i will be please to host them, or to put them in pspcap32 zip archive.

- For some reason binding Joy0 to the crosspad does not work. Any idea why (I also tried Joy1) ?

I don't know why. In next release, you will be able to swap between analog / cross pad.

- Would it be possible to add key bindings to the analog stick ?

Yes, why not.

voodoofish
May 2nd, 2006, 10:15
Thanks zx-81 have been on this all weekend and it is coming together really well. Look forward to the next release keep up the good work it is appreciated! :D

zx-81
May 2nd, 2006, 12:43
@voodoofish: Thanks :)

ldaneels
May 2nd, 2006, 16:09
Thanks ZX for taking the time to reply to my message, I really do appreciate.
I can't wait for the next version, it does sound extremely promising.
As for the kbd files, no problem. How do I send them to you ? I probably won't be able to continue working on the kbd files for a week or two, but you never know...
Keep up the great work.

Loic

zx-81
May 2nd, 2006, 16:15
As for the kbd files, no problem. How do I send them to you ?

My email is in the readme file :)

ldaneels
May 2nd, 2006, 19:48
I have sent the keyboard files to your email address. There are a few that need to be verified again, but I will email you replacements if they need corrections

Loic

zx-81
May 2nd, 2006, 20:43
Many thanks it will be helpfull for all other CPC addict users ! :D