PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xGX 0.0.5x

wraggster
May 1st, 2006, 22:57
Shadow_Cruiser has released the work of Softdev and Krullo and you now have an updated Snes Emulator for the Gamecube, heres whats new:

Snes9xGX 0.0.5x *UPDATED* Changelog

Apr. 21st 2006
* Added SDCARD rom loading (with long filenames for zip.-files).
* Added predefined pad setups (A, B, C...).
* Changed default pad layout to X A B Y.
* Added an option to swap the player 1 and 2 pads.
* Added a picture of the button layout of the snes pad in the pad configurator.
* Return to the game with B when in the rom selector.
* Cleaned upp some code (long filenames).

Apr. 22nd 2006

* Fixed broken DVD loading feature. Sorry, my bad!

Apr. 26th 2006

* Smaller download (change of internal ROM).
* Fixed choppy analog clip, much easier to move with the stick now.
* Max analog clip is now 90 instead of 70. Works great!
* Two different dol's avavible, one with d0lLZ -v (ViperBoot safeguard) option and one without.

Apr. 30th 2006

* Added option to turn on and off multiplayer 5. Games such as Syndicate works now.
* Fixed 4 player support thanks to Garglub's post about the problem. Bomberman 5 and Jimmy Connors should work now. Thanks for letting us now about the problem, Garglub! EDIT: This also seems to fix the mysterious controller problem with Super Mario All-Stars!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Shilo
May 21st, 2006, 01:13
What all do you need to run it a GC??????

Zion
May 21st, 2006, 22:04
I think it has to be chipped.

yoshiherder
June 27th, 2006, 01:52
how would i get these files on the gc theres no readme or anything

iverhoob
August 22nd, 2006, 21:41
Could someone post a detailed guide to get this booting from DVDr?? The lack of a readme is kind of a pain as this emu looks bloody brilliant! :)

MasterC
August 23rd, 2006, 18:20
Yes it would be helpfull for some docs. I tried to load the dol file onto my max drive pro card to load but I can't get it on the card via the software included to load files from the pc to the mem card.

Thanks

Sikibrada
August 28th, 2006, 16:37
Yes it would be helpfull for some docs. I tried to load the dol file onto my max drive pro card to load but I can't get it on the card via the software included to load files from the pc to the mem card.

Thanks

Just burn the dol to data with nero etc and run the dol file in your gamecube. From there on you will get a menu were you can choose your roms. Note: the roms have to be .SMC. It worked for me with my cube.

Morku
September 11th, 2006, 22:16
Sometimes when I play works the SRAM Manager for 30 minutes - 1h. After that I get ever "Error create: -3 0" and I can't save. After a reboot of the Emulator. Thats sux when I play very long :(
Anyone knows the problem?

Sry for my bad english.

the_eternal_dark
October 2nd, 2006, 19:22
Sometimes when I play works the SRAM Manager for 30 minutes - 1h. After that I get ever "Error create: -3 0" and I can't save. After a reboot of the Emulator. Thats sux when I play very long :(
Anyone knows the problem?

Sry for my bad english.

I had the same problem, its something with the code. I use the SD version now and it saves fine to the mem card.

XioN980
October 12th, 2006, 10:17
What all do you need to run it a GC??????

It doesn't require a modchip :)
Just set up SDLoad and buy yourself an SD Card and SD Card Adapter.

ToMmYAzO
October 20th, 2006, 05:36
For some reason the load from dvd feature doesn't work when i try. I am trying to load roms off the dvd but the option doesn't work. can anyone help?

12loogies
December 16th, 2006, 06:22
how do you convert snes roms to dol?
or does it run dry roms.

thanx

WHurricane16
December 20th, 2006, 20:34
Does this work on the Wii?

nintendo2600
December 30th, 2006, 00:48
It keeps telling me the file header is damadged when I try to unpack it with winace. Any suggestions?

carlitx
December 30th, 2006, 01:55
O...k? i never knew i could mod my cube.....soo ahhh.....someone wanna help me out here and tell me how to mod this horibly made machine cause it only takes mini discs?

carlitx
December 31st, 2006, 00:53
anybody want to help me out?

XioN980
December 31st, 2006, 01:54
ok, read my guide in the Gamecube Discussion Forum ;)

Or you could use wraggy's, he copied mine and added cool pics :D

carlitx
December 31st, 2006, 03:59
Ok thnx alot man much apreciated

Sabres
January 24th, 2007, 03:49
Hello. I'm using SDLoad on a 2GB Sandisc SD Card using Gecko adapter and using AR version 1.14a

I can get the Snes9xGX 0.0.5x menu to come up, but.... I cannot load roms from my SD Card. When i go to load a rom, SDLOAD keeps saying "unable to open SD Card".

I put on the root of my card the SDLoader.bin file, and i also put a folder called SNESROMS containing my snes roms which are in .SMC format on the root of the card. My SnesGX.dol file is on the root of my SD Card as well.

For whatever reason, my roms cannot be recognized while using SDLoad. The folders i put them in show up on the SDLOad menu, but the roms themselves do not appear.

I formatted my SD Card using "FAT", and i did all the other stuff before doing the AR codes process.

Any help or suggestions?

abcduy
January 27th, 2007, 03:32
yea i've been getting the same problem as Sabres.

root:
SDLoad
SnesGX
SNESRoms

but i get "unable to open SD Card".

PSPGamer75
February 10th, 2007, 05:06
Question is how do i go back to main menu after i get bored with one game i have to keep swap the disc out ! i wish they had function that will take you back to main menu so you can pick different game then selected the game you want to play after than same routine

I love Max Drive Pro !! I own one and will not sell it !!
Thanks

btw my english is not great due to deafness

DamianCrisafulli
February 25th, 2007, 06:15
yea i've been getting the same problem as Sabres.

root:
SDLoad
SnesGX
SNESRoms

but i get "unable to open SD Card".

me as well

Sabres
February 26th, 2007, 09:49
Bah, every time I try to upload an attachment the process times out.

Well anyway, over at TEHSKEEN some people released an updated version of SNESGX which is compiled with a newer version of liboGC. Because it is compiled with the newer version of liboGC, you should have no problem loading roms from your SD Card (except Super Mario Kart which i can't get to open). Anyway, if someone wishes to send me a private message with their e-mail, i will send you an e-mail with the latest version of SNESGX as an attachment. Then hopefully you'll be able to upload it onto this site so everyone can have access to it.

discolored
March 5th, 2007, 09:30
I'm planning on getting SD Media Launcher, so in the tutorial when it says to drag and drop the home brew, the SNES9X emu is an example? And is it the same with ROMs? Do I just drag and drop SNES ROMs onto the SD card and they'll automatically appear in some list on the SNES9X menu? And is this only compatible with the GameCube controller on the Wii or can it be played with the Wiimote/Nunchuk? Answers to these questions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

discolored
March 6th, 2007, 04:54
How do you play games with this? Do I just download ROMs and drag and drop them onto the SD card and they'll automatically appear in a list under "Load from SDCARD"

discolored
March 6th, 2007, 04:56
How do you play games with this? Do I just download ROMs and drag and drop them onto the SD card and they'll automatically appear in a list under "Load from SDCARD"?

Sabres
March 6th, 2007, 17:17
How do you play games with this? Do I just download ROMs and drag and drop them onto the SD card and they'll automatically appear in a list under "Load from SDCARD"?

Not too sure about using this on the Wii as I have never played the system, but try creating a new folder on your SD Card and name it SNESROMS. Then, put your roms in the folder (they should have .smc as an extension) and when you start up the emulator, go to "load roms from sd card" and your roms should show up. Also, I think you have to have at least 10 roms in the SNESROMS folder for them to be recognized. Also, the SNESGX.dol file should be separate from the SNESROMS folder. Just put the SNESGX.dol file directly onto the SD Card, not in any folders or subdirectories or anything. Lastly, if you send me a private message with your e-mail i'll send you the latest version of SNESGX which works on all sd cards.

discolored
March 7th, 2007, 05:27
Ok, thanks Sabres.

Sabres
March 7th, 2007, 19:30
Discolored, let me know if you are able to get the emulator and roms to work. If you can't get roms to load and keep getting "unable to open from sd card", there's an updated emulator that works on every sd card and if you like you can send me a private message containing your e-mail (just click on my username and then click on "send private message") and i will send you the latest version of SNESGX which contains the latest version of liboGC which runs on all sd cards.

gary_abernethy2
March 25th, 2007, 23:38
you would be my hero if you sent me a link to a version that will read my roms off my SD Card
[email protected]

Gnimm
March 25th, 2007, 23:41
Ditto on the working version

[email protected]

gary_abernethy2
March 26th, 2007, 20:40
I think I have the right version (yoshi in the background). Im not sure what the problem is.
Do I need my roms in a specifically named folder instead of loose on the SD Card?
Do I need an injector program to inject them straight into the emulator program?
Do I need a different brand SD Card, or is it because mine is formatted into FAT and not FAT16?
I dunno, someone help please!
This is my first time trying to get roms to run on a system :(

gary_abernethy2
April 9th, 2007, 02:38
PLEASE someone help me!
Ive spent so much money trying to get roms working on my Wii and I feel like a fool :(

Tytris
April 10th, 2008, 06:16
I know this is the 0.0.5 forum but Iam running the v.0.0.4 when it starts up it asks me sd slot A or B but when I try to load from the front slot is says searching then comes back and says Error reading Dev0:/snes9x/roms any suggestions - have tried upgrading to 2.0 but it seems the files crash each time i try to d/l them right around 107kb