PDA

View Full Version : Getting TMNT to work on PSP MAME4ALL?

Gamester
August 21st, 2009, 19:56
Hello,

New here :D

I am on a mission to get the original arcade game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(TMNT) to run on my PSP. I have a PSP Slim with custom firmware 5.00 M33-6 installed. I have successfully got PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r2 Hires up and running and I am able to run a few games fine, such as Punisher.

However, I can not for the life of me get TMNT to run at all. When I try to run it my PSP just completely shuts down. I have tried running it with several different video, audio, and CPU settings with no luck. I have tried running kernel 1.5 and 5.xx with no change. I ave also tried several different older versions of MAME4ALL with the same results. I can't think of anything else to try.

I know people have gotten TMNT working on this emulator before as I have seen threads on this site and others sites that people were running it, but I could not find any details on how they did it.

Any help you guys could supply me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jason

demonolith
August 21st, 2009, 20:32
Try it on the latest Final Burn Alpha. I find FBA to be waaaay more reliable than MAME4ALL, although FBA still has its share of games that don't work.

Eviltaco64
August 21st, 2009, 20:47
Try it on the latest Final Burn Alpha. I find FBA to be waaaay more reliable than MAME4ALL, although FBA still has its share of games that don't work.

Doesn't FBA only emulate CPSx hardware and Neo-Geo?

EDIT: My bad. The PSP version seems to support a lot more:

FBA4PSP is an emulator for PGM, Cave, CPS, Seta, Sega, Konami, etc on PSP. It emulates MC68000/Z80 based arcade games. OopsWare ported FinalBurn Alpha to PSP. Thanks to his good work.

Gamester
August 21st, 2009, 21:03
Cool, I have never heard of FBA before. I will definitely give that a try tonight. TMNT is Konami, so I hope it works. I would be super happy if that works as I am a major TMNT freak, I already got all of the NES TMNTs going :D

Thanks,
Jason

Gamester
August 22nd, 2009, 01:37
Ok, I got the newest FBA up and running and it actually boots TMNT!

However, the downside is that even with 333Mhz gameplay is lagged down a lot.

Surprisingly though, The Punisher runs perfect, which makes me wonder why TMNT doesn't.

Any ideas of how to speed it up, or do we just have to wait for future releases?

Thanks,
Jason

demonolith
August 22nd, 2009, 03:43
I'm not sure I haven't tried it yet. Just make sure that your rom is the most current version available I guess. In my experiences, almost all of the Taito arcade games lag for me. I don't know why :(

Gamester
August 22nd, 2009, 10:17
Hey guys,

Well, I got FBA to run TMNT a little bit better. It is not perfect by any means, but if anyone wants to play it at a fairly decent speed, try these settings:

Max Skip Frames:4
Screen Mode:1
CPU:333MHz
Mono Sound:ON

Later,
Jason