PDA

View Full Version : MegaCD/32X Emulators?

GagaMan
May 2nd, 2006, 12:20
I'm sure this has been asked before, but how come Mega CD and the 32X havn't been emulated for the Dreamcast? Is there some sort of omplication to doing so? I'm saying this because from what I remember Gens (the PC emulator) lets you run them with the right BIOs, and even lets you run the Mega CD discs from the drive.

Is this possible to pull off on Dreamcast, like Disc swapping? Playing Sonic CD on the Dreamcast would be hella sweet.

Dull Blade
May 2nd, 2006, 20:22
the anwser to ye question would be. No, this question has been asked atleast once a month for a good year or 2. The sega CD is quite a powerful system for its day, even more so than the Neo Geo cd, due to it having 2 cores. Same with the 32x. but if it's any compensation we almost got Genesis (mega drive) right.

GagaMan
May 2nd, 2006, 20:58
I figured it had been asked before, just couldn't be arsed to look back a few pages ;p

I would of never have gussed that the Mega CD was that powerful, considering how the games for it had less colours than Mega Drive ones (it seemed, anyway). More powerful than the Neo Geo CD? Blimey, I wouldn't of thought it looking from the graphics. Oh well, seems most of Sega's older consoles (excluding the 8-bit ones) are proving difficult to emulate on the DC =(

quzar
May 5th, 2006, 18:48
If the sh-2 recompiler can ever be finised for the saturn emu then we might see 32x emulation, although it won't be fullspeed by any stretch of the imagination.