PDA

View Full Version : PS2 on PS3 how?

Draconicwizard
August 24th, 2009, 10:26
i have a 40 gb PS3 and don't know how to play PS2 games on it, i noticed it has a PS2 internal memory card so what is the point if u can't play PS2 games due to the fact that PS3 won't recognise the disc? any help would be appreciated :confused:

Eviltaco64
August 24th, 2009, 10:35
The 40GB PS3 has absolutely no PS2 hardware in it so it's not backwards compatible.

The only way you'd ever see backwards compatibility on a 40GB PS3 is if they were to emulate it, which may happen eventually.

Draconicwizard
August 24th, 2009, 10:45
well what about copying the game code to the PS3? would that work at all?

Eviltaco64
August 24th, 2009, 11:13
well what about copying the game code to the PS3? would that work at all?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that.

The only way you would ever be able to play PS2 on the 40GB PS3 is if either Sony were to emulate it and release it with a firmware update or if it were hacked and someone were to port a PS2 emulator over to it.

No matter how you load the game (off the hard drive, disc, flash drive, etc.), there's no way it's going to work because it's incompatible.

Draconicwizard
August 24th, 2009, 11:23
ok thanx i'm still kinda new to the PS3 and haven't been able to mess around with the workings of it too much because it didn't come with a manual and i recently got released from the army to go to school lol so i'm probably gonna spend a lot of time here or catching up on anime on youtube lol

Eviltaco64
August 24th, 2009, 11:29
ok thanx i'm still kinda new to the PS3 and haven't been able to mess around with the workings of it too much because it didn't come with a manual and i recently got released from the army to go to school lol so i'm probably gonna spend a lot of time here or catching up on anime on youtube lol

Well, have fun learning about the PS3 and enjoy the forums. :)

VampDude
August 24th, 2009, 12:40
Doesn't anyone own a PS2 console anymore, or even enjoy connecting that old toy of much joy to their television sets? I know I do. :cool:

Eviltaco64
August 24th, 2009, 12:45
Doesn't anyone own a PS2 console anymore, or even enjoy connecting that old toy of much joy to their television sets? I know I do. :cool:

I wish I did. All I have left are some PS2 games. :/

Still have my PS1, though.

Draconicwizard
August 24th, 2009, 13:15
if i never joined the army i prolly would still have a PS2 but i got bored (i've done crazyer stuff from boredom lol) but here i am with a PS3 a laptop a tv and various other neat things instead of a PS2 which i wouldn't have if i never got bored lmao