PDA

View Full Version : Manual Scans

tinku
May 7th, 2004, 18:14
I found this on Zophar's.net

1:39: The HQ Scans group wrote in to let us know about more manual scans that are now available. All manuals are in PDF format and are downloadable via BitTorrent. Here are the newest manuals added:

The Dreamcast Pack v1.00 is 54.2MB and contains 73 Manuals.
The Genesis/32x/CD Pack v1.00 is 45.6MB and contains 61 Manuals.
The Xbox manual Pack v1.00 is 500 MB and contains 114 Manuals.

are there any plans to put up individual manuals for download on this site ? (Dreamcast) in the future.

tinku... :)

Christuserloeser
May 7th, 2004, 18:52
I`d like to see FAQs of Japanese games instead.

Wat do other ppl think about it? DC manuals on DCE(mu) or not?

Anyway: Good news! Thx Tinku :)

DCDayDreamer
May 8th, 2004, 01:08
Manual scans are mainly for backups, usually people who can't be bothered spending a little money for the original thing - of course there's the odd occasion where someone (purely by accident) eats their original manual in their sleep ::).

Christuserloeser
May 8th, 2004, 01:13
So no DC manuals on DCEmu?

I wasn`t sure...

tinku
May 8th, 2004, 01:40
Well I dont know about you but when i buy a game for the pc i back it up because the origionals do tend to get scratched.

the same can apply to manuals surly !

I personaly find having a copy of the manual helpful
i can print out the key combos and pin them next to the pc for reference when playing a game and keep the origional safe in its box.

Also some manuals are worth having just for the GFX content they are really well designed and the art work can be worth more than the game its self, take off the blinkers :)

Still no problem for me if you decide no manuals on site as i have them anyways.

I just thought it might be useful for other people.

you should visit mobeygames or gamefaqs and then decide if its not worth providing DC scans for the DC comunity.

I have the origional games that came with the console and one manual is already beyond hope after the kids got hold of it.

I do have other origionals too for the DC and I do not condone piracy, all the roms i own too i have the origional carts and that isnt many unlike the hundreds of roms i dare say people using this forum have illegaly

Dc Day Dreamer i see where your sig comes from haha!!

chau!!

tinku. :)

Christuserloeser
May 8th, 2004, 04:43
some good points I think! :)

Hilltopper
May 8th, 2004, 07:43
A lot of the used games that I bought from software Etc. didn't come with a manual, just a cd in a generic case.

Ian_micheal
May 8th, 2004, 08:30
Thats true when ive bought 2nd hand games for dc no manual that would be usefull and cool.

DCDayDreamer
May 8th, 2004, 14:00
It's amazing how one person's opinion gets twisted on a forum, a personal opinion, that's all it is - nothing more. Let's hope people see the humour in this and not take things out of context....

Well I dont know about you but when i buy a game for the pc i back it up because the origionals do tend to get scratched.

the same can apply to manuals surly !

You didn't mention any PC game scans in your earlier post, and this is a DC site :P.

I personaly find having a copy of the manual helpful
i can print out the key combos and pin them next to the pc for reference when playing a game and keep the origional safe in its box.

Very useful to have all the info at hand, with fighting games and complex moves especially :).

Also some manuals are worth having just for the GFX content they are really well designed and the art work can be worth more than the game its self, take off the blinkers

DCDayDreamer takes off his blinkers...True, but I don't know many people that stare at a manual for a couple of hours, or many that say "I only bought the game for the manual, take a look, it's great" - all the people I know just spend the time actually playing the game for that length of time. It would cost the price of the game again (and more in most cases) to print out, cut, staple and try to reproduce something that would never equal the quality of an original manual. For the artwork to be worth more than the game you'd have to get hold of an original print of the artist's work (maybe get an autograph for added value), either that or get hold of 'an original' manual from a limited edition or rare game :D.

Still no problem for me if you decide no manuals on site as i have them anyways.

I'ts not my decision to say 'no manuals on site', this is a Dreamcast homebrew site, if down the line we expand to hosting commercial info and manual scans, all well and good :).

I just thought it might be useful for other people.

Maybe you should have posted a link to the site/files, now that would be useful for others. Never mind, I've done it for you ;):

Zophar's Domain (great site): http://www.zophar.net/index.phtml

HQS (for the scans): http://www.hqscansorg.org/

you should visit mobeygames or gamefaqs and then decide if its not worth providing DC scans for the DC comunity.

Why?, when they're doing it here ;): http://www.hqscansorg.org/

I have the origional games that came with the console and one manual is already beyond hope after the kids got hold of it.

Kids and consoles don't mix, only 'big kids' and consoles ;D.

I do have other origionals too for the DC and I do not condone piracy

Glad to hear it 8).

all the roms i own too i have the origional carts and that isnt many unlike the hundreds of roms i dare say people using this forum have illegaly

Once again, glad to hear it, it must have taken ages to figure out how to rip those roms out of your original carts though. I've searched the forum to no avail, there's nobody boasting about those hundreds or illegal roms you mentioned, let me know who it is so the admin can give him a severe talking to :o.

Dc Day Dreamer i see where your sig comes from haha!!

Can't see how? - I posted at night 8).

Enjoy the site tinku, and don't take my posts too seriously :-*.

tinku
May 8th, 2004, 17:34
haha!!

phew you like your Quotes....

Nice to see some other people giving their thoughts on the topic.

right off topic, Does anyone know of a reliable free site to host a sig?

tinku

tinku
May 14th, 2004, 19:43
More manuals seem to be available for download.

The HQ Team wrote in to let us know about more manual packs that are available from their website. They are as follows:

Atari 5200 Pack v1.00 - 71 Manuals (47.3MB)
Atari 7800 Pack v1.00 - 61 Manuals (28.4MB)
Atari Lynx Pack v1.00 - 71 Manuals (45.3MB)
Atari Jaguar Pack v1.00 - 71 Manuals (96.5MB)
These are only available as torrents from their website, so help out and share some manuals!

How about having a section on this site for manuals (Dreamcast) How about it ????

We can upload what we have too and share.

tinku ???

DCDayDreamer
May 18th, 2004, 00:09
There you go again tinku, showing all those warez monkeys where to get those manuals.

DCDayDreamer looks for the links and chews on a Banana. ;D

Christuserloeser
May 18th, 2004, 04:08
Manuals aren't Warez, though copyrighted! I like the idea, really, but this has to be decided by the whole staff!