PDA

View Full Version : do new psp games autoupdate my firmware?

pspfan83
May 3rd, 2006, 02:26
hey guys i am new to the forum i just bought a psp with 1.50 firmware and i was told not to buy any psp games as it would autoupdate my firmware..is this true or just a nasty rumor??

i dont care for playing backed up umd games its just that i would tgo buy a game then find out it rendered my homebrew psp useless..for emulation purposes..i would most likely be pissed..

well do i have anythinv to worry about?

Cooe14
May 3rd, 2006, 02:35
It won't autoupdate it will ask you too and if you don't it won't let you play the game. Of course this can tricked using a program that lets you play higher firmware required umds. These programs are- MPH GameLoader, RunUMD, UMDtool, and Genesis UMD Launcher.

BALL_SAC
May 3rd, 2006, 05:21
I wonder if there is a 2.7 umd update yet...?

DraconumPB
May 3rd, 2006, 16:56
It usually takes a little while for the games to catch up... Since you need 2.7 to play the Loco Roco demo I'm sure you'll need it for that game anyway.

andrew24
July 27th, 2006, 01:51
hey guys i am new to the forum i just bought a psp with 1.50 firmware and i was told not to buy any psp games as it would autoupdate my firmware..is this true or just a rumor??

i dont care for playing backed up umd games its just that i would tgo buy a game then find out it rendered my homebrew psp useless..for emulation purposes..i would most likely be ed..

well do i have anythinv to worry about?

i bet in the future there will be umd's that will automatically update ur firmware. it would be a smart idea for sony once 3.1 comes out.
________
Ford Ranger picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Ranger)

Wally
July 27th, 2006, 02:45
Sony cant automatically update the firmware therefore forcing users to update.
This can give sony legal grief as

1) Users can sue if the PSP bricks while sonys automatic update is in process

2) if automatic firmware update was implemented then the AC adapter would have to be plugged in or low battery. then again if someone gets bricked they can sue.

IT seems like a good idea but its not.

Therefore answering the original question, "will UMDS automatically update the firmware?" the answer is definately no.

Andrew: I thought ur uncle worked for sony??? He owuld have told you this then :P

juggaleaux
July 27th, 2006, 03:37
i bet in the future there will be umd's that will automatically update ur firmware. it would be a smart idea for sony once 3.1 comes out.
i'm still confused on why SONY would allegedly skip 3.00 and release a 3.10

This is extremely difficult for me to believe.

Wally
July 27th, 2006, 03:41
thats true.

Im with juggaleux here but we shouldnt be really chatting about it in a different topic :)

andrew24
July 27th, 2006, 04:16
i'm still confused on why SONY would allegedly skip 3.00 and release a 3.10

This is extremely difficult for me to believe.

they will not allegidly skip it. there will probably be an imediate update to firmware 3.1 because thats what he is working on.

also my uncle would know nothing about this so :p
________
headshops (http://headshop.net/)

ACID
July 27th, 2006, 05:16
They have the updates that give you a one time warning. Example if you put a umd in and the firmware that it uses is higher and it tells you you have to update. If you choose no it says there will be an auto update next time you use it. There for they can legaly do that.

andrew24
July 27th, 2006, 05:21
u r right
________
herbal vaporizers (http://vaporizer.org/)