PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew wont save to VMU...dang...

Mourningstar
May 4th, 2006, 02:45
So, I have Quake, Doom, NES and SNES and they all work fine except that none of them will save to my VMU. Everytime I try I always get some "ERROR" message. My VMU is a generic 3rd party one, but it works fine with Seag Rally 2, the only real DC game I have...

So did i screw something up when I burnt the homebrew to discs or is it my cheap VMU?

Please help....its pointless playing something if you cant save it.... :(

Mourningstar
May 4th, 2006, 19:07
Did everybody die or something?

fackue
May 4th, 2006, 22:13
Try formatting (delete-all) it within the Dreamcast menu.

Mourningstar
May 5th, 2006, 03:17
Ive already tried that and it didnt work...but I might try it again...

Mourningstar
May 6th, 2006, 18:14
I was going to format my VMU again and noticed that DreamSNES is saving correctly, but nxDOOM, nxQUAKE, and NesterDC are still giving an error when I try to save....

Someone please help....

Would it be better if I had an official SEGA VMU? The one I have now is a "Performance" brand and Im not sure how good those are...

Christuserloeser
May 6th, 2006, 19:03
Just buy an official SEGA VMU. All of those should definitly save properly to VMU.

Btw, nxMakaqu is better than nxQuake (in fact, Makaqu is a continuation of nxQuake).

Mourningstar
May 7th, 2006, 22:53
Just buy an official SEGA VMU. All of those should definitly save properly to VMU.

Btw, nxMakaqu is better than nxQuake (in fact, Makaqu is a continuation of nxQuake).
So an official Sega VMU should work? Ill pick one up the next time I can.

Yea, I mean I have "Makaqu" but I had no ideal how to spell it. From what i read about that version it seemed to be a lot better than the others, but I dont notice anything better....I downloaded from a link you posted....its version 1.0....

Thanx for the help. :)

bucanero
May 8th, 2006, 02:32
for homebrew, the vmu save routines in KOS are a bit "picky" when it comes to 3rd party memory cards... :(

In my VMU developments I´ve done many tests, and some 3rd party mem cards just don't work at all, they fail to read/save... so if you want to be sure, just get a real SEGA VMU and it will work flawlessly.

Mourningstar
May 8th, 2006, 06:14
for homebrew, the vmu save routines in KOS are a bit "picky" when it comes to 3rd party memory cards... :(

In my VMU developments I´ve done many tests, and some 3rd party mem cards just don't work at all, they fail to read/save... so if you want to be sure, just get a real SEGA VMU and it will work flawlessly.
Ah, its good to hear it from someone with DC homebrew experience! :)

Ill probably be getting a SEGA VMU tomorrow...

Thanx all...