PDA

View Full Version : PiMPStreamer 0.4 (With RSS support)

wraggster
May 4th, 2006, 06:29
DickyDick1969 (http://www.geocities.com/dickydick1969) a member of our forums has updated his application that allows you to stream movies via Wifi to the PSP, heres whats new in this release:

PiMPStreamer the PC to PSP streamer comes with a new edition:

-RSS feeds support.
simply drop an link (to a rss/xml file) onto the pimpstreamer feedlist and you can watch RSS feeds comfi with your PSP (1.5 only). Look for special dir:/http:// entries in the listing in PiMPStreamer. One click on your psp will start the download of the feed.

-MP3 support (kinda)

-ini file settings:
extensionlist = comma separated list of extensions pimpstreamer should read. (it is up the ffmpeg avcodec lib if it is really supported) port

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

jaydoo
May 4th, 2006, 14:32
Ive found that Im constantly waiting for a new version of this prog now.

As before, this version comes a little closer to a finished product, streaming is improved but for me its only usable on very low settings:

Movie bitrate: 80
Audio Bitrate: 32
Framerate/2

Get a very small pause every now and then but of course the quality of the video and sound is a turn off.

The addition of rss feeds is pure genious though!

Definitely another step in the right direction, thanks to DickyDick1969 for all your hard work.

joesnose
May 4th, 2006, 15:50
Ive found that Im constantly waiting for a new version of this prog now.

As before, this version comes a little closer to a finished product, streaming is improved but for me its only usable on very low settings:

Movie bitrate: 80
Audio Bitrate: 32
Framerate/2

Get a very small pause every now and then but of course the quality of the video and sound is a turn off.

The addition of rss feeds is pure genious though!

Definitely another step in the right direction, thanks to DickyDick1969 for all your hard work.

whats the specs of your computer?

movie bitrate: 400
audio bitrate: 64
framerate/2

2.8 pentium4
nividia 6800gt agp graphics{dont know if that matters}

i also found last night that if i put the movie bitrate upto 500 it seemed to skip less?

Davidov
May 4th, 2006, 16:20
I think I need some help with the PMP.ini file.
I only changed the uri to the IP of the PSP to router connection then Ran the windows server on another computer connected to the router.

Followed the installation of every file properly but I get an error message that reads to the effect of:
'cannot establish connection with host or M(0):/MP_ROOT/MV10001 empty'

Can someone help. Perhaps I need to fill in the values for:
con = 1;
enabled = 1;
&
debug = 0;
Which matches my network better, but I dont know what these variables are and for.

Emeriastone
May 4th, 2006, 16:26
This is a great app (previous versions have shown me this), but I also own a 2.6 which I let my little brother use from time to time. When are we going to see support for 2.0-2.6?

jaydoo
May 4th, 2006, 18:07
Davidov: in PMP.ini set the url to the address of the computer running the server

Im running amd 2600 & nvidia 6600gt so I think I have plenty of power.

djakku
May 4th, 2006, 20:15
I'm on a Asus 2400N and it works fine with joesnoes'z setting!
This app impress me on each updates, nice work!

Kloe
May 5th, 2006, 00:16
i have a 1.5 gig RAM, pentium 4 processor, win xp home, 256 MB Geforce 4 MX vid card, cable speed internet, and I can't get it to run without skipping every 2-4 seconds constantly. I have a firewall and a router with WEP encryption, and port 3333 opened. I'm unsure why I am unable to get this to run properly. I've tried turning the settings the lowest they will go and still it skips. O.o

shiftybill
May 5th, 2006, 07:44
another great update . . . now for that wireless repeater so i can watch outside