PDA

View Full Version : Ima nooby plz!!! help me with doom

Inuyasha1714
May 5th, 2006, 02:07
Ok, so i just got gta and installed the eloader. I really love doom so I put Doom on it but all i did was make myself frustrated :mad: because no matter what i did it wouldn't work. I asked my friend to explain it, but then he brings up wads... what are those? So I am begging anyone to please help me put doom on my psp!!!

kyle2194
May 5th, 2006, 02:57
Dont post a topic called " Ima nooby plz!!! help" make on called "Cant get doom to work on eloader". Could you tell us what exactly what doesnt work, any error messages, psp crashes ect.

RedKing14CA
May 5th, 2006, 03:41
The name of your topic is dine, dont let the rookie scare you :P

But yes, are you trying to get doom 1 or 2 to work?

And do you get errors, or does your psp just turn off, or what?

stotheamuel
May 5th, 2006, 03:44
www.doomwadstation.com go there download wads.. put in wad folder

Inuyasha1714
May 6th, 2006, 00:25
The loader works and it shows that i have doom, and i mean the one from the compatibility list on fanjita's site. <a href="http://dl.qj.net/DOOM-PSP-v0.05-General-Games-Gaming-Consoles-PSP-Homebrew-Games/pg/12/fid/636/catid/195">I think this link should work.</a> umm I got a WAD from doomstation and here's what happens when I load it:

Please choose a game to launch (Square for Dechacked file) DoomPSP-0.05
(Use Cross to select main WAD and Triangle to select (optional PWAD, START to run game)
-------------------------
PWADS Main WAD:
DETHWISH.WAD PWAD:
Dehacked file:

Then I choose DETHWISH.WAD for my main WAD and run the game, then it says:

Doom 2: Hell on Earth v1.10
V_Init: allocate screens.
M_LoadDefault: Load system defaults
Z_Init: Init zone memory

and some more technical stuff. Then It stays like that or around ten seconds then shutsdown. Hope someone can tell me what I should be doing

nigelrigel
May 7th, 2006, 17:27
THANKS ALOT
i was having the exsact same problem
this clears up all the crap about wads!

Inuyasha1714
May 9th, 2006, 00:44
thanks for what mine still isn't working

johnny11358
June 10th, 2006, 03:25
wtf where do you download the wads?

I_hate_firmware
July 3rd, 2006, 00:55
wuts a dehacked file? please help. i've tried a bunch of times and it still doesn't work.
thanks from the biggest n00b ever

jimbojz
July 3rd, 2006, 15:05
Yeah im new to this malarky and having the same problems.

Same thing happens.

Ive managed to get Bomberman arena working though. Not had any luck with getting the latest SNES emulator working though :( Bit gutted I was hoping to have mario kart and donkey kong working on the PSP.

Any help would be appreciated. PM if you want more details if ive been too vague :(