PDA

View Full Version : Backing up saved games

Penguinsfly1
August 29th, 2009, 22:00
Is there a way to back up save games from a DS game (e.g Mariokart) using only a slot 1 flashcard. I have an Acekard and would like to get my saves off the cartridges so I don't have to use them any more. If that is not possible, is it possible with a slot 2 card (because my freind has a max media dock)? Thanks for any help.

DanTheManMS
August 30th, 2009, 09:17
This thread is rather borderline, so please remember to read the forum rules before posting. Piracy discussion is not condoned here.

Nevertheless, since there are legitimate reasons to want to backup/restore your save file, look into Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool. The wifi version lets you use just a slot-1 device (involves setting up an FTP server on your computer) while the slot-2 version simply interacts with a slot-2 device.

Penguinsfly1
August 30th, 2009, 09:49
Thanks, everything seems to work fine with that up until I have to put a game cartridge in and then it says it's not recognised. Is there a solution to this problem?

EDIT: I think the problem may be the fact that I'm using a DSi.

On a different note, I was under the impression that it was legal to have ROMs of games you own. Is that right?

DanTheManMS
August 31st, 2009, 05:01
The legality of roms is a gray area, so DCEmu just does not allow any rom discussion, to make things simpler. I'm fairly certain that just owning the game does not make it legal to own the ROM, but I'm not a lawyer and don't know the full story.

And yes, using a DSi is the problem. For some reason, none of the programs that do this work on the DSi.

Penguinsfly1
August 31st, 2009, 10:24
Ah ok. Ill avoid the grey areas on future. Thanks for the help anyway.